Is there a way to unlock the phone without having to swipe to unlock. Just use the power button?
    10-12-2010 09:35 PM
    Is there a way to unlock the phone without having to swipe to unlock. Just use the power button?
    I do not think this is possible, just try download No Lock ro disable the slide unlock, it works for some people,

No Lock - Android app on AppBrain

10-12-2010 10:30 PM
    I use no lock. Can just hit home button to wake phone up now. Haven't had any problems with it. Works for me.
    10-13-2010 01:32 AM
    I use no lock. Can just hit home button to wake phone up now. Haven't had any problems with it. Works for me.
    What did you use to disable the slide lock on 2.2? Because the option to disable it has been rmoved in 2.2 build.
    10-13-2010 02:31 AM
    The app is called No Lock.

What did you use to disable the slide lock on 2.2? Because the option to disable it has been rmoved in 2.2 build.
    10-13-2010 02:48 AM
    Ok that is what I am using but I thought you was able to disable it without using No Lock.
    10-13-2010 03:34 AM
    ..If you upgraded from 2.1 with the slide lock disabled then it was disabled after the upgrade to 2.2. with no other action needed on your part .

However(yep there is an "however" ) if you ever do a factory reset or restore ever again then you will have the slide lock back.Then that's when something like NoLock is needed again
    10-13-2010 04:46 AM
    Yes! Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for
    10-13-2010 08:59 AM
    ..If you upgraded from 2.1 with the slide lock disabled then it was disabled after the upgrade to 2.2. with no other action needed on your part .

However(yep there is an "however" ) if you ever do a factory reset or restore ever again then you will have the slide lock back.Then that's when something like NoLock is needed again
    Yes I know this, I original did this when I received my replacement device but I wanted something more reliable because I prefer WidgetLocker and the lock screen would come back from time to time and "No Lock" was the solution for me.
    10-13-2010 09:02 AM
    Screen mode widget might be another option...Just throwing this out there..it is what I have used since my first droid...has option to by pass lock, run as normal, or screen on always which is great for browsing.
    10-13-2010 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD