trying to set contacts to 1-9 speed dial on my droidx. it asks me to set contact for speed dial but when i select contact it does not save ... very annoying
    10-12-2010 10:42 PM
    I have had the same issue. Just gave up...nobody else seems to think this is much of a thing other than me - anybody find a solution yet?
    10-13-2010 12:32 AM
    trying to set contacts to 1-9 speed dial on my droidx. it asks me to set contact for speed dial but when i select contact it does not save ... very annoying
    I have had the same issue. Just gave up...nobody else seems to think this is much of a thing other than me - anybody find a solution yet?
    I dont really use speed dial but I wanted to see if it worked on mine having read this thread.

It did work for me and I guess saved now .
    When I look at the contacts I can see a little 2 under the contact's name with speed dial number saved to button 2.(my voicemail was already saved to button 1 by default)

I just opened up my dial pad , then MENU button>speed dial setup>add speed dial to the blank spots I want ,when I touch the blank spot it opens up my contact list , I choose the one I want and it adds it doesn't show a "save" button but shows a (-) to the right of the speed dial contact "if " or "when" you may want to change it .
    10-13-2010 06:01 AM
    If that works on your X, you have more capabilities than the rest of us. For me, absolutely NOTHING works to add a contact to speed dial list, either working from the dialer or from the contact. On 2.1, you could go either way.

I really miss this and used it a lot, especially when driving. I sure hope it's one of the things included whenever Moto/Verizon issues a fix.
    10-13-2010 09:37 AM
    Have you tried Dialer One? It's free, works great, does a fantastic job of searching contacts as you start entering a name on the dialer pad, and of coarse, it has speed dial.
    10-13-2010 09:55 AM
    If that works on your X, you have more capabilities than the rest of us. For me, absolutely NOTHING works to add a contact to speed dial list, either working from the dialer or from the contact. On 2.1, you could go either way.

I really miss this and used it a lot, especially when driving. I sure hope it's one of the things included whenever Moto/Verizon issues a fix.
    well, happy to report that i'm not in the "rest of us" category. works fine for me. contacts, speed dial setup, select the contact, and it is saved there...
    10-13-2010 10:09 AM
    I managed to get one contact to save in the '2' spot, but can't get anything to save in the other spots...
    10-13-2010 12:25 PM
    Hey guys,
    my first 5 tries to edit my speed dial list failed but this worked.

Instead of searching for contacts.. i simply scrolled down the list and added them.
    Worked like a charm, do not search by typing in names.
    10-13-2010 03:34 PM
    It worked for me too! Sweet! Thanks for thinking of that...I now have my speed dials back!
    10-13-2010 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD