Hi folkes. No longer and am I a Fascanite. I have converted to the Dark Side.

10-14-2010 09:24 PM
    Umm...ok?

10-14-2010 09:50 PM
    lol wanted to see how long it would take for some one to ask wtf?

Im sure in the future I will have meaningful things to say. Now isnt one of them. Finally got home from arguing with Verizon to get this phone. Felt the need to say something alteast lol...
    10-14-2010 09:56 PM
    Hi folkes. No longer and am I a Fascanite. I have converted to the Dark Side.

WTH?! It seems like just hours ago we were conversing in the Fascinate forum!
    10-14-2010 10:20 PM
    Oh ****. /hide.

Yeah we were man. Haha. I had some problems with the Fascinate. It stopped booting and stopped recognizing the battery. On the drive to the store I started thinking. I really need better reception. That alone was the straw that broke. I was that on the fence about the two phones.

I will still be poking around over on the Fascinate forums though lol.
    10-14-2010 10:53 PM
    welcome
    10-14-2010 11:09 PM
    Lol, you're going to love the X. Smart move.
    10-14-2010 11:10 PM
    I would be curious to know what you think about the two devices, after a couple of days with the X. I have been thinking about making the switch the other way; I just can't stand how locked down the X is!
    10-15-2010 11:58 AM
    That is one thing that got me going with the Fascinate first. However, issues with it off the bat were issues that WILL get fixed, like the GPS issue, lag, ect ect. One issue that I absolutely could not get over was the signal strength. Samsung is not know for their robust antennas. I need good signal strength and The Droids Diversity Antennas do the job.

DO not misunderstand me. The Fascinate is a great device and was really fun to use once I de-binged it, de-bloated it, and rooted it. Screen was beautiful and a pleasure to look at every time I unlocked my phone.

That signal strength was what tipped me over the fence towards the Droids side. Barring the signal strength, I loved the Fascinate. You will not be dissapointed if you understand that the GPS isnt working right at the moment but will be fixed soon enough.

Reason I had to take my Fascinate back to verizon is because it stopped booting into the OS. Fiddled with it and fiddled with it and could not get it to boot. That however is not a trend with the Fascinate so dont worry, Im pretty sure I wonkified my phone some how....
    10-15-2010 12:57 PM
    How do u like the droid x so far... I was thinking of the switch the other way around.... I have 4 days left.
    10-16-2010 04:34 PM
    Hi, and welcome to the X side. Hope you love your new DX.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    10-16-2010 04:59 PM
    So far I really like it. Its" personality" I like more then the fascinate. It seems more sturdy and I like the way it operates. Other people have had all kinds of complaints but so far I've had 0 real issues...then again mine came factory with 2.2.

Overall it is a much better phone for me. The reception is better and the signal is consistantly stronger. Also i have no sidetone or anything.

It does everything android will do and more. I also like the fact that it is a Google powered device and not Bing powered. Although it was insanely easy to get around Bing on the fascinate. The droid x has been out longer and it feels like a complete device to me. Something the fascinate didn't.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    10-16-2010 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD