Moto is sending me a just manufactured, brand new X to replace my defective one. I explained the issues I've encountered since updating to froyo on the Moto forums. Got a PM from them asking if the engineers could have my X so they could test it. In return I get a new X right off the assembly line. I doubt the new phone will make a difference as far as bugs go, but hell it's a new phone. And since I dropped mine on the asphalt a week after I got it it'll be nice to have one that's not dinged up on the top corner.
    10-18-2010 11:14 AM
    What issues were you having with your X?
    10-18-2010 11:52 AM
    To be honest my friend has a pre-2.2 factory X and is having all kinds of issues after installing the 2.2 OTA.

I have a post-2.2 factory X and am having ZERO issues.
    10-18-2010 12:06 PM
    What issues were you having with your X?
    Issues with the media player, no sound on phone calls, stuck on the Moto Logo screen on boot-up, photos and videos taken with X not being saved, and random reboots.
    10-18-2010 12:19 PM
    Hopefully, you'll put a case on this one.

While there are certainly some with issues running 2.2, I think the majority of the 2.2 population are very happy. I know I am.
    10-18-2010 12:46 PM
    I think it's been found that those with the least amount of problems had installed 2.2 with clean installs. I did my upgrade the second I got the phone fresh without any apps installed, and (Knock Wood) haven't had any issues.
    10-18-2010 01:49 PM
    Issues with the media player, no sound on phone calls, stuck on the Moto Logo screen on boot-up, photos and videos taken with X not being saved, and random reboots.
    It sounds like you might have a corrupted file/filesystem on your memory card. Have you tried taking the memory card out of the device, or installed a spare memory card to test? If it is the card, then taking it out, or installing another card will make the problems go away. Then you can backup your card, reformat the original card, then move essential folders and files back to the card in small groups and test for problems. Repeat till all files you want back are on the card, or you find a bad file.

If you don't do this and are planning on installing the memory card in the replacement device, then you might just experience the same problems with the replacement device, brand new or not.
    10-18-2010 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD