I am having a few problems text messaging on my Droid X.

First, certain recipients of my texts either receive blank messages or scrambled messages containing random symbols. I can't send text messages to these contacts at all anymore.

Second, when a text is sent to me, I often will receive a duplicate text almost immediately after the first. Is there any way to fix this problem?

(I tried downloading and using Handcent but it didn't help.)
    10-20-2010 10:46 PM
    What apps are you using? I started getting duplicate texts the other day, so I deleted some of my most recently added apps. After I did that, the problem disappeared.
    Superspy68 likes this.
    10-20-2010 10:48 PM
    I have almost 200 apps. Maybe I should try uninstalling some of the more recent ones.
    10-20-2010 10:51 PM
    if the people you are getting dups from are using a BB it could be that too.
    Superspy68 likes this.
    10-20-2010 11:00 PM
    I have relatively few apps, a newish Droid 2, and just had the same problem - while the phone was on the charger and I was sleeping through the night, it sent 7 texts to my sister, all made up of random letters and symbols, and it signed MY name!

If anyone establishes a cause or a fix, I would love to hear about it.

(on another forum, someone who had this problem went back to Verizon and the staff there "had never heard of it." I sure hope they have heard about it by now; apparently it's a common occurrence)
    12-07-2010 10:39 AM
    out of all the user who posted about duplicate texts being received, who has a rooted android device and is using a custom rom?
    12-16-2010 04:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD