Anyone know how to refresh the the social networking app on the droid x? Are there any better social networking apps out there?
    10-21-2010 08:47 AM
    The native app/widget is pretty limited, IMO.

I use Launcher Pro +'s widgets for Twitter and FB. Suggest you set the widgets to manual update (there's a refresh button underneath the widget) to conserve battery life. LP+ is paid for via PayPal, but its very reasonable and WELL worth the few bucks to get the screen resizing ability and outstanding widgets.
    10-21-2010 09:06 AM
    Dural hit it. The social networking widget on the Droid X is very limited. Considering the overall usefullness of all the Ninja Blur widgets I would also advise switching to LauncherProPlus. It will cost a couple dollars for the plus version with all the widgets but it is worth it for the added functionality.
    10-21-2010 10:04 AM
    Not really liking launch pro plus. I can't find the social networking apps on the launcher pro. Any way I can switch back to blur? Does Froyo complicate launcher pro?
    10-21-2010 01:49 PM
    No, we are on Froyo with the Droid X and LauncherProPlus works flawlessly. Blur social networking is not really all that great. I would forget about those. If you use launcher pro plus do not use Blur's social networking services as they will cancel each other out.

If you long press on the screen go to launcher pro widgets. You will see twitter, facebook, friends, ect ect. I use the official facebook app, and twitdroid together with Launcher Pros Plus' widgets and I cannot be happier. Blur's social notnetworking widgets are no longer a concern for me. This combo works so much better.

But if you like moto blur social networking and want to go back to it you can go into your Settings->manage applications->launcher pro-> then click clear defaults. Hit the home button and you will have the option to set "Home" as default. Just be sure you either log out of Launcher Pro's social networking or UNINSTALL launcher pro.

Pieface likes this.
    10-21-2010 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD