Can't Change Battery Mode

rousea24

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I got the 2.2 update yesterday and I went in to look at different things in the settings.

I noticed my battery mode is set as "nightime saver", which it describes as normal operation during the day and battery saving at night.

Is that what most people leave their mode as?

However, I tried to click on the others and it won't let me. What gives? Is this a 2.2 bug?

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
There is a battery manager bug in the 2.2 OTA update. Does it force close when you try and change the profile? If so a restart or battery pull usually fixes it for awhile. I personally use performane mode and have seen no real difference in bateery lose compared to when I was using Nighttime Saver mode.

rousea24

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
There is a battery manager bug in the 2.2 OTA update. Does it force close when you try and change the profile? If so a restart or battery pull usually fixes it for awhile. I personally use performane mode and have seen no real difference in bateery lose compared to when I was using Nighttime Saver mode.

No, it doesn't force close. It just has the other choices grayed out so when I try to click them, nothing happens. It's like those choices aren't available.

rousea24

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I just recently got this phone, so the only app I've downloaded so far was a free Indianapolis Colts wallpaper one.

I got the phone on Thursday, did 2.2 update on Saturday and I did Fabrian's step-by-step sticky instructions (at top of this board) just a few minutes ago.

This issue came up after the 2.2 update. I have all those too (performance, night, max and custom). The night is the one selected and I can see the others; they are just grayed out and I can't select any of the other 3.

Before the 2.2 update, I could switch to the other modes if I wanted to but now I can't. Performance is the only other one I would consider using so it's not a huge deal, but I should be able to switch if I want, right?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
, but I should be able to switch if I want, right?

Yeah you should be able to toggle to any of them that show there,make sure that you are actually touching on the greyed out dot in front name of the battery mode you want to use , just touching the name it might not switch and remain greyed out , the dot of course should then turn from grey to green (again touch on the dot).

If it still doesn't work I would do a battery pull if you haven't already, and if that doesn't fix it I would stop by vzw the next time I passed vzw store. ;)

DrDiff

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Does root affect this? I rooted yesterday with z4root. Now I can't change Battery settings. I also have Droid Overclock maybe that is the reason why it is acting weird

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance