X seems to be mounting the SD card while in "Charge" mode.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I can't figure this out for the life of me.
Starting today my Droid X, rooted 2.2 appears to be mounting the SD card while I'm charging via USB.

Before today I was able to charge off of my computer while listening to music stored on the SD card. Today though, when I plug in the USB cable to the laptop my music stops playing and i get the warning that it can't access the SD card.

Both Winamp and DoggCatcher report the same thing.

I figured I just switched to something other than "Charge Only" but it's in that mode already.

I've rebooted, tried changing back and forth between modes and uninstalled motoConnect from the laptop.

I'm NOT running a task killer. I'll try to uninstall Winamp since that's the most recent app i installed.

anyone have any ideas?

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
HA! ok it seems to be Winamp.

If winamp is installed and I am connected via USB to a PC it will mount the SD card. I'm prompted on my computer with the windows dialog you get when you plug in a usb drive. None of my apps that have data on the SD card work.

If i uninistall Winamp everything is fine again...

sucks! i love winamp, always have.

I'll report the bug.

johnny9374

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
thanks for figuring that out winamp rocks but i was wondering the same thing you were and never realized why it was happening lol

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
you were... it is just the voices in your head that are listening to you.... ;)

Anyway thank you for that I had the same problem and never really had time to look into it just thought it was another bug from 2.2....

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Well I've confirmed that option is enabled by default in winamp. Probably to support sync easier with the desktop client.
I think it should be off by default

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan