Notification LED colors?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I've just installed the app SMS Popup and, so far, seems to work well. BUT, the LED light doesn't light up at all with a new sms, much less show the color I selected. In a Q&A sheet from the developer (Adam K), it says some newer Droids don't have the capability to change LED colors. Does the X fall into this category? Or do I have an issue with the app itself.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I've just installed the app SMS Popup and, so far, seems to work well. BUT, the LED light doesn't light up at all with a new sms, much less show the color I selected. In a Q&A sheet from the developer (Adam K), it says some newer Droids don't have the capability to change LED colors. Does the X fall into this category? Or do I have an issue with the app itself.

I'm guessing the X falls in that category......

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Thank you! That's what I needed to know. Will now troubleshoot for the app SMS Popup.

Would be a great bonus if someone who has already installed this app has the answer to making the colored LED lights work. Maybe there are some colors the X can't handle????

Right now, I have everything set to "GREEN", which should make the X happy... but not me.

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
My X is set up a triple notification:

Green = missed call
Blue = texts via the Handcent App
Red = Gmail via the GMail Label Notifier app (I highly recommend it)

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The LED will not light up if the screen is on. Handcent tells you about this when changing LED colors. It tells you to turn the light off during testing to see the color.

Edit: That's a lie, maybe it was some other app.

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the yahoo app flash the led purple. when looking close it seemed like it was a combination of red and blue. if yahoo can do it, it must be possible for other apps too.

[tapatalk - droidx]

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I used SMS Notifier to change the LED color for all SMS/MMS to Yellow.
I used Email Notifier to change the LED color for all emails to Blue.
and the Droid X is set by default to flash voicemails in Green.

Both of those programs can also change the vibration frequency too, for instance, I have SMS/MMS vibrate with 3 short bursts instead of the default one. I highly recommend those if you want to keep the default apps already on the phone for SMS/MMS & Email/Gmail. There are many other apps you could use. Handcent for SMS/MMS, K-9 for Email/Gmail, etc. They all have options to change the LED color in the settings.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I forgot to mention that when using any of the apps listed, even the ones not in my post, you will need to turn off all notifications in the default app so you don't get multiple notifications or have the settings of the default app override the settings of the app you downloaded.

And as roberte1342 stated, sometimes the color mixtures are a little off or you will come across some that the Droid X simply won't do...I can't get mine to flash "white" but no matter, I don't need the colors to be pretty, I just needed them to be different enough so I knew what type of message I had waiting to know if I needed to get to it right away or not.