Contacts

plumrdroid

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
All of the sudden all of my facebook friends are now in "my contacts" which I don't want and it's clogging everything up for me and making it hard to use my phone...

How do I get my facbook friends out of my Contact list??

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Depends. If you use the Facebook App from the market then open the facebook-app and press the menu-button and then go to settings. Under the item contact-sync you can select which facebook-contacts are synced with your phone. There are 3 options (none, only contacts that are already on your phone, all contacts). Selecting none should solve your problem.

Another way to remove all facebook-data from your phone is:
Open the facebook app, press the menu-button on your phone and then press Logout.
Then a info box is shown which informs you that the logout will remove all Facebook-Data from your Phone.

If you use Moto's facebook integration then open contacts, select menu button, select accounts, select facebook, then remove account.
You will lose your facebook but then re-add the account but turn off the sync and don't sync with contacts. Hope this helps and is clear enough...alternatively, you can also change the display options to show only contacts with phone numbers also.

plumrdroid

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Depends. If you use the Facebook App from the market then open the facebook-app and press the menu-button and then go to settings. Under the item contact-sync you can select which facebook-contacts are synced with your phone. There are 3 options (none, only contacts that are already on your phone, all contacts). Selecting none should solve your problem.

Open the facebook app, press the menu-button on your phone and then press Logout.
Then a info box is shown which informs you that the logout will remove all Facebook-Data from your Phone. I did this but the contacts are still there..

If you use Moto's facebook integration then open contacts, select menu button, select accounts, select facebook, then remove account.
You will lose your facebook but then re-add the account but turn off the sync and don't sync with contacts. Hope this helps and is clear enough...alternatively, you can also change the display options to show only contacts with phone numbers also.
When I press the menu button there isn't a "Select Accounts" option.. And the really bad thing is that when I go to show only phone contacts it changed something and now I only have 7 phone contacts... This seemed to happen after i installed LookOut mobile....

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I would uninstall LookOut Mobile. Uninstall the facebook app. Remove your facebook account from my accounts.

Then depending on where you want to use your facebook either use the facebook app or the Moto Facebook. One or the other...not both. If you want to use Moto's facebook then add via its "add account" if you want to use the Facebook App use its "add account" if you notice after you install the Facebook App you have two choices to add a facebook account under my accounts.

If the problem is not present after that then I would install Lookout Mobile again (even though its kinda pointless to have...).

Just have to narrow it down to what is causing the problem. In my opinion it is how you have your facebook accounts set up on your phone.

When you set up your Facebook on the phone using the Facebook app you have a choice of wether or not you want to import your facebook friends. I dont know without looking it the Moto Facebook does. I dont use it.

plumrdroid

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Dev

I had two facebooks like you said and I removed them and then reinstalled and everything is fine again. Lookout had nothing to do with it.

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Then a info box is shown which informs you that the logout will remove all Facebook-Data from your Phone.

ok so i have the same issue, but under the facebook app from the market, there is no longer an option to set which contacts i want to sync. Are you using an old version?

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I want to use the Moto FB but it still pulls all my FB friends into my contacts... and there is no options any where I can find to change it or to make a specific account as the default contact provider...

smittybass

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
You can just change the view of you contacts. There are different "groups" that your contacts fall into. click the top tab where it says Contacts: and you will get a list and select Phone Contacts. You will still get the FB pics for you contacts and linked info but not every friend you have will be in this view.

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You can just change the view of you contacts. There are different "groups" that your contacts fall into. click the top tab where it says Contacts: and you will get a list and select Phone Contacts. You will still get the FB pics for you contacts and linked info but not every friend you have will be in this view.

Yeah I found t that but it won't stay as the default... It will work though... Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463