Audio Issues

jm2282

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I am facing a peculiar audio problem with my droid X. I am facing issues playing any mp3 file on my phone. When I try to play any song/ringtone, I get an error message that this type of file is not supported. But when I turn off the phone and turn it on again, everything works fine. This happens with music apps like Pandora as well. Can someone tells me what the issue could be and how should I solve it? Thanks.

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This is a known issue resulting after the Froyo update and has several posts here in the forums. It also impacts video files. Rebooting the phone is only a temporary cure, as the issue crops up again. My personal best is 10 days.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I use an app called Ambling BookPlayer to listen to audio books that are all ripped from mp3 files of varying lengths. I listen for about 4 to 6 hours every day (hundreds of mp3 files) and have never had it hang up or not play (I'm running Froyo). Maybe you should download the app and try listening to your music through that. It has a free version. You would do as if you were listening to a book on the sd card (it also streams audio from online audio book sites).

jm2282

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I use an app called Ambling BookPlayer to listen to audio books that are all ripped from mp3 files of varying lengths. I listen for about 4 to 6 hours every day (hundreds of mp3 files) and have never had it hang up or not play (I'm running Froyo). Maybe you should download the app and try listening to your music through that. It has a free version. You would do as if you were listening to a book on the sd card (it also streams audio from online audio book sites).

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Any more suggestions guys? I was not aware that it's a known issue. Probably something that would be fixed in the next update?