What items use up your data plan MBs?

Klansford

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I just got my new Droid X for Verizon. I was goofing around with it and went into "settings" and then "applications" and then "running services" and there was whole list of things running that I didn't open or start...it must have auto-started once I activated the phone. Things like Weather, News, etc. It freaked me out because I have a data plan for 150 MB/month and was worried it was using all this data with these items open. How do I know if something is eating up my data plan MBs? Any help is appreciated.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
There's an app in the Verizon section of the market that has a widget which tells you your data usage. I have unlimited but I still use it. Don't use Slingplayer...lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't know.

My honest advice, in all seriousness, is to pay for the unlimited plan if you can afford it. My old blackberry would use about 60-80 mb per month. My DX, however, used over 600mb last month. Some of this was certainly podcasts, since I don't tell them to only DL over wifi. But even if I ignore every download over 10mb, it still comes out to almost 400mb.

Beyond that: Anything that updates itself, uses data. Weather, Facebook, Twitter, mail, picture messages (maybe, not sure how the actual data of the MMS is handled) Gmail, contacts, calendar, ALL of it could use data at some point.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The droid x uses more data, Verizon has even confirmed this. I have used over 2 gigs with the droid x, never came close to that with the blackberry. If it were me, I would be on the unlimited.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995