Help needed from Former Storm2 Owners

mad-dog74

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I am about a week away from being able to upgrade from the Storm2 to the X.

Can someone help me with regards to the vibrate feature on the X... is it stronger, weaker or about the same as the Storm2. I use vibrate most of the day due to my work environment. In most cases, I miss some calls on the Storm because I cannot feel it.

Was hoping the Droid X is better.

Last edited:

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If you cant feel the S2's vibrator then you will be disappointed with the X. For me its perfect. When my S2 first vibrated I took it back because I thought it was malfunctioning, it was so loud and crazy, especially compared to the S1. I thinks its due to the entire screen shaking because the vibrating mechanism are the piezo disks. So I got used to it. Now I'm back to normal with the X.

mad-dog74

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
If you cant feel the S2's vibrator then you will be disappointed with the X. For me its perfect. When my S2 first vibrated I took it back because I thought it was malfunctioning, it was so loud and crazy, especially compared to the S1. I thinks its due to the entire screen shaking because the vibrating mechanism are the piezo disks. So I got used to it. Now I'm back to normal with the X.

What kind of case do you use, if nay? I am used to using a leather case with a magnetic flap and belt clip.

Granted... I can hear the vibrate on my S2 more than I can feel it.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I had the storm 1 and 2. The vibrate on the x is much stronger than the storm's that I have owned. Like said above, the storm's vibrate is louder but I can actually feel the x's vibrate. But, the x's vibrate will not blow your socks off.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like we had the same case, and yes it muffled the vibrating sound and I missed notifications. I never used a case with the X. I am much happier with the X's vibrate. Like stated above its more vibrate and less sound.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I like the vibrate on the DX better than the S2.
Works fine for me. Never miss any notifications.
I leave my phone on vibrate and never let it make noise.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX