hi
    does anyone know if sms bacup and restore backs up to a memory card? I would imagine it does..

thanks
    11-05-2010 11:16 AM
    Is that an app?
    I'll check it out. But I use an app that backs up my sms in my gmail.

Its nice. It creates a new folder for it in gmail and can be set to auto-sync

However you can't restore your messages but I don't find a need for that nor would use it if available

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    11-05-2010 11:23 AM
    Every app I know of that backs anything up does it on the sd card. It should be pretty easy to check...do a backup then go explore your card. I'm guessing you'll find a directory similar to the name of the app with new files in it.
    11-05-2010 01:59 PM
    I use My Backup without any issues.. It allows you to backup and restore a number of items... Check it at MyBackup - Android app on AppBrain

01-23-2011 10:12 PM
    If you want to backup your apps to your SDcard you should get ASTRO file manager, backs em all up. Use it a lot especially going from ROM to ROM and factory resets every so often.
    01-24-2011 12:39 AM
    If you want to backup your apps to your SDcard you should get ASTRO file manager, backs em all up. Use it a lot especially going from ROM to ROM and factory resets every so often.
    I have Astro and I never knew it had this option, how do I use this option? Nevermind you said apps (Already know about the apps option) but users want to backup messages so this wont work, but MyBackup will..
    01-24-2011 12:49 PM
    I have Astro and I never knew it had this option, how do I use this option?
    It's in the Menu, Tools option, Backup/Restore. FYI, Astro will indeed backup the app apk files to your sd card, but it backs up the app only, no user data or settings like Titanium Backup.

That said, I use both Astro and TB.
    01-24-2011 12:52 PM
    If one has a working ADB installation on their computer, Mobisynapse is like a desktop manager for Android devices:

Mobisynapse

It is free and will backup SMS, and applications. However, AFAIK, it doesn't backup any system apps, just user apps. So it is like Astro but it also backs up SMS and contacts.
    01-24-2011 12:54 PM
    It's in the Menu, Tools option, Backup/Restore. FYI, Astro will indeed backup the app apk files to your sd card, but it backs up the app only, no user data or settings like Titanium Backup.

That said, I use both Astro and TB.
    Sorry, I updated information and question.... User wants a app to backup SMS and restore them, also save them on sd card...
    01-24-2011 01:43 PM
    Ah my bad I misread. I've heard MyBackup and txtract.
    01-24-2011 02:33 PM
    this thread got a little too complicated. To awnser the OP question, yes, it does store them on your SD card in a folder called SMSbackupandrestore. The app itself is pretty simple you just hit "backup" and it does just that, and then when its time to restore theme you just hit "restore" and it will tell you to choose which backup you want to restore, and thats pretty much it. I just used it going from the stock GB to miui and it worked great. It has more advanced features to use as well if you want them.
    09-20-2011 11:00 PM
    I use SMS Backup and Restore frequently. After a couple of disastrous data losses I set it up to back up my texts every morning at 1AM. It's quick and quite handy when jumping from ROM to ROM.
    07-25-2012 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD