my x is gets really sluggish

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
hi,

can anyone give me some ideas as to why my x is sluggish often?

After I do a soft rest, after some time it gets soo slow that I try and text or send an email and I have to tap the screen a few times before it even recognizes that im doing so..

I dont have much on here and there is only a bit running in the background.

any ideas?

thank you

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I am not. In fact its brand new and I just loaded it up two days ago with 6 apps..
none of which are task killer and the apps were rated well by other fellow x users..

but it was sluggish even before I installed any software??

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
it sounds weird, but i always feel like it takes a week to "get up to speed" so to speak whenever i get a new device. maybe its just me. if the sluggishness isnt app related, and its persistent, i would recommend trying a hard reset, especially considering you wouldnt be losing a whole bunch. see if that improves things

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
You guys with the cool fast launcher pro, he is not experiencing screen lag/jitters....it is OS related to messaging! Now that you know, what is next to try?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
You guys with the cool fast launcher pro, he is not experiencing screen lag/jitters....it is OS related to messaging! Now that you know, what is next to try?

Using lp also helps in the tex message lag as the blur home uses much more memory to run. Just a thought.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Linux understands available memory....regardless of the skin. It is the frame work of the OS. That is the beauty of android. You can skin it, and if your skin takes more ram, linux accommodates.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
while On my dx LP+ if anything helped I did not remember a lag that was noticeable when I first got my dx . I do prefer using the LP+ over blur tho :)

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
turns out the issue appears to be that my screen doesnt always recognize when I touch it??

what is up with that? Not only that, it is SITLL sluggish, as in takes 5 seconds to open the browser and get online..
Im not being exact with the 5 seconds, but it feels like a bit when it should pop right up..

I did a hard reset today too figured I would try it again..same thing..
only this time I cant make any or recieve any calls??

I do have a insurnace via best buy and verizon..and best buy told me that with theirs, I would be entitled to a brand new device if I purchased the insurnace whereas with vzw it would be a use phone..
I dont know if its defective or not..but something is wrong..

not to mention, after I did my hard reset, it tried to load my weather widget and it didnt load it at all..

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Anything you can cause to repeat like that

not to mention, after I did my hard reset, it tried to load my weather widget and it didnt load it at all..

.....yeap I would take it back to store and show them ,depending how long that you had you phone,I havent bought a phone from a third party so dont know who you would take it back to,I would at least stop by a vzw store and find out tho.

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Anything you can cause to repeat like that

I havent bought a phone from a third party so dont know who you would take it back to,I would at least stop by a vzw store and find out tho.

Take it back to Best Buy. When you buy a phone form a third party like Best Buy they are responsible for the phone for the first 30 days. Verizon won't touch it until after the first 30 days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX