Ok so here is one method

Hard Reset Droid X

the second method is when you go to settings > privacy > and then factory reset.

What is the difference between these two resets? I want the most clean reset so I can get the phone as close to brand new as possible. Which one should I do?
    11-07-2010 11:33 PM
    they are exactly the same. i always go through the regular menu whenever i do one, but the results are the same no matter which you do
    11-07-2010 11:37 PM
    Ok thanks. I have to reset because Ive been having problems with google sky maps. It is always off a little to the right. I will point like 15 degrees to the left of the zentith, but it will say I am pointing at the zenith exactly (the zenith is the point in the sky that is directly above you.)

Also, the speakerphone seems a lot weaker than it was on my first X. Im hoping its only a software problem. I dont want another refurb
    11-07-2010 11:46 PM
    yes sir, they are the same....is it just sky maps? Did you calibrate the compass first? Menue then settings.....
    11-07-2010 11:54 PM
    Then location and security.
    11-07-2010 11:55 PM
    yes, I calibrated. I am also worried my speakerphone is not up to par with other X's. I have to go to verizon to compare mine with the display phones.

I am using an insurance replacement right now. Does this mean that if I bring it into verizon and they find a problem, they will give me a new one on the spot? I dont have to pay another 90 dollar deductible right?
    11-07-2010 11:56 PM
    yes, I calibrated. I am also worried my speakerphone is not up to par with other X's. I have to go to verizon to compare mine with the display phones.

I am using an insurance replacement right now. Does this mean that if I bring it into verizon and they find a problem, they will give me a new one on the spot? I dont have to pay another 90 dollar deductible right?
    Yes, that would be considered a defect if average droid x's perform better. Let us know....my X doesn't get the volume that my og droid did, but at the high settings, it is good. I once had issues with google sky....it was a gps issue, not the app, and the reset helped. Good luck....Let is know?
    11-08-2010 12:01 AM
    If Google maps on a droid is anything like Google maps on a PC, it can be many feet off. I travel with a 16" laptop in the desert quite often. I have, using GooPs, downloaded appropriate Google maps. I also run with a 16 channel roof mounted receiver, and many times, sitting in the middle of the desert, Google maps is off by up to twenty feet. The comparison comes from a Trimble device, so I'll trust the Trimble, and I will also say, local landmarks such as shown trails (that I'm on) as well as rock formations, prove the inaccuracy of Google maps.

Of course, to be honest, Garmin and other commercial maps can be off as much at times. Only MAPS I have seen to be almost 99% accurate are USGS produced by GIS.
    11-08-2010 09:15 AM
    If Google maps on a droid is anything like Google maps on a PC, it can be many feet off. I travel with a 16" laptop in the desert quite often. I have, using GooPs, downloaded appropriate Google maps. I also run with a 16 channel roof mounted receiver, and many times, sitting in the middle of the desert, Google maps is off by up to twenty feet. The comparison comes from a Trimble device, so I'll trust the Trimble, and I will also say, local landmarks such as shown trails (that I'm on) as well as rock formations, prove the inaccuracy of Google maps.

Of course, to be honest, Garmin and other commercial maps can be off as much at times. Only MAPS I have seen to be almost 99% accurate are USGS produced by GIS.
    Just wanted to point out the missing "O" in your tagline. It should be shoot (sounds like chute) and not shot (sounds like hot with an S). Minor, I know, but my OCD was going crazy so I had to do it. Sorry.
    11-08-2010 09:23 PM
    Just wanted to point out the missing "O" in your tagline. Minor, I know, but my OCD was going crazy so I had to do it. Sorry.
    I didnt notice that about their sig. til you pointed it out,,, ,lol now it bugs me too , maybe they fix it soon , LOL
    11-09-2010 06:20 AM
    Everytime I do a reset it automacially restores all my apps!!! I don't want my apps restored. hats the point. I want to remove all the apps I downloaded. I only want the apps restored that came with the phone. So how do I reset to factory condition? Anyone know?
    11-15-2010 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD