Guesses to when we'll see gingerbread for the DX

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I say December 2010, but Im honestly more concerned about the bug fix update. I had none of the bugs after the Froyo update...Until about a week ago when my music player started the "cannot play file format" and my notification sounds randomly stop working.

G

GenericMessage

I cheated too... I went to the Magic 8 Ball Wikipedia entry and picked the most appropriately vague answer :p

side note: I had no clue there were 20 possible answers on the 8 ball.

*shooting star*

The More you know!

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Im honestly more concerned about the bug fix update. I had none of the bugs after the Froyo update...Until about a week ago when my music player started the "cannot play file format" and my notification sounds randomly stop working.

Same here, workout at 6:30 to Pandora/my music, everything's fine.. get to work, by 10:00 I get that same error.
Then some days, I don't get it at all.
xdemons.
....reckon when that fix will be out?

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Probably not before Google TV gets upgraded

Motorizon is going to do the same BS when it comes to this update. I have the DX and it could have been the best phone on the market, but they screwed it up. When my contract is up, or when and if the N2 comes out, I will gladly part ways. If however Motorizon has learned anything, they will realize that people will gradually flock to the carriers and manufacturers that produce consistent and timely bug-free updates. My guess is Google TV will get it right after the N1, and the DX will probably not get it. HTC seems to do better in these regards

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Google has said in the past that Froyo is not meant for tablets. I am under the impression that Gingerbread will improve the tablet experience, but that it will get trickled down to phones too. I don't think it makes sense anymore to split your mobile OS between multiple product lines. Love 'em or hate 'em, Apple has raised the bar in that arena by bringing iOS 4.2 to all of its most recent devices.

And yes... i know they haven't technically done it yet for the general public... but I'll bet you money it will be out before we see Gingerbread on our X's.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
You pulled this thread up from the 17th? To make an irrelevant post? This thread was dead and should have stayed that way because I'm sure we will be seeing a few more of these before we are done.

LoL, my bad. Its stikied. I guess I'm the idiot ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital