Just brought my DX home today and have been experiencing an issue. Every now and then it will stop accepting touch input. I'll be in the middle of doing something and it stops responding, can hit the back or home buttons, but touch doesn't register. First instance was when I was setting up the lock screen, the pattern was accepted just fine, but when I went to verify the pattern, it wouldn't let me. Putting it into sleep mode, ? tapping the power button, and then back on reactivates touch.

Is this a known issue, something I should be worried about?

Info: Brand new phone, no apps installed as of yet. 2.2 out of the box (2.3.15.MB810.Verizon.en.US)
    11-11-2010 08:16 PM
    Are you plugged in?
    11-11-2010 08:27 PM
    when my phone is plugged into the charger, it acts up because the phone is responding to a specific electrical stimulus. If you are not plugged in reboot, and check again? Not a known issue.
    11-11-2010 08:29 PM
    Are you plugged in?
    Nope, about 50% charge still, haven't plugged it in as of yet.

Update:

Rebooting, turning it off/on, doesn't fix the issue. Rebooted, and couldn't slide the lock bar.
    11-11-2010 08:38 PM
    I've had the same problem. I don't think it's ever done it when plugged in. Usually it eventually comes back, or I hit home and then go back and it works. I also had an issue yesterday when it was asleep and nothing I pushed would turn the screen on, and I couldn't power it off. I pulled the battery and it seemed fine after that.
    11-11-2010 09:36 PM
    I would try a factory reset. If that doesn't fix the problem, exchange it. My first DX did not have this problem, but my second one (first was stolen- ugh) did and had to be exchanged. Just got DX# 3 a few days ago and it works like a charm.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    11-11-2010 09:58 PM
    I would try a factory reset. If that doesn't fix the problem, exchange it. My first DX did not have this problem, but my second one (first was stolen- ugh) did and had to be exchanged. Just got DX# 3 a few days ago and it works like a charm.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    How do I do this? Also, will I lose my transferred contacts?
    11-11-2010 10:02 PM
    To do a Factory Reset just go to Settings>Privacy and select Factory Data Reset. If your contacts are sync with your Gmail account you will not lose any.
    11-11-2010 10:05 PM
    'K, let it charge overnight, and did factory reset, as it was still acting up.

After factory reset, DURING the setup, it happened again.

Guess I go back to the store today and replace it.
    11-12-2010 09:22 AM
    Take it back and demand a new one!

Beamed up from DROIDX using Tapatalk
    11-12-2010 09:26 AM
    Bah, I got the last one the store had, so now I have to wait for them to send me a new one.
    11-12-2010 01:32 PM
    Hmm, interesting, my only options were, have them send me a refurbished unit, or take the unit back for a refund(sans restocking fee thankfully) and go somewhere else to buy another one, since that store is out of them.

Guess I take it back tomorrow and buy another one.
    11-12-2010 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD