2010 Lexus RX350 and DroidX - a match not made in heaven

RVH1951

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
So, I got my new DroidX in August and in September got a new RX350 (yes, two new toys). I love the car, but finally got around to trying to pair the audio with it to listen to my 3,000 songs I have on the DroidX.

I got the Bluetooth phone set up and loved the hands-free, but, the audio is a different matter. After three or four tries - I was able to pair it but not connect it (even though the Droid said it was connected) - I gave up and called the dealer. In a matter of fact voice he said "oh, that phone is too new to work with that car, they have a different version of BT".

So, I am writing to see if anyone else has tried to use the Droid audio with a Lexus BT setup and if there is a workaround or something.

In the meantime, I am using my old BB as the media player through the Bluetooth. It works great, but I'd rather not lug one more device around.

Thanks,

Bob

james2442

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Had the same problem with my Range Rover. I had to wait a bit, but the dealer was able to flash new bt version to the vehicle. Works fine now.

RVH1951

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
then use a USB sd/micro sd card adapter to play your tunes. Works nicely on my 2010 Toyota.

I have no idea what that is. Can you enlighten me? I did a search for this but was confused at all the results.

The car has a USB port, but I get an "Error 1" message when I try to play through it. I'm using my normal USB cable (that I'd use to connect to my computer) to plug into the DroidX and the USB port on the car. Are you saying I need an adapter too? Using an adapter would I have to pull the SD card from the phone each time?

Thanks,

Bob

jgurnett

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
If you're driving around in a 2010 Lexus, just be happy that the accelorator doesn't stick and/or your brakes work :)

Everything else is just gravy.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
If you're driving around in a 2010 Lexus, just be happy that the accelorator doesn't stick and/or your brakes work :)

Isn't that with Toyota's? If their made by the same general company excuse my ignorance.

But about the USB thing. Yes, if you had an adapter you'd have to unplug the USB card from the phone to plug into the USB adapter. Idle why someone would do that; someone enlighten me?

But in my mini I can't play music through the USB cable even if I try and mount it, but I'd rather just use my ancient iPod then unplug the sd card every time.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

RVH1951

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Pay attention

If you're driving around in a 2010 Lexus, just be happy that the accelorator doesn't stick and/or your brakes work

Why do you have to be such a jerk? (And, if you are going to be a jerk, you should use a spell checker.) If you've been paying attention you would have read that most of those complaints were bogus and thrown out. Seems like piling on is the new American past time.

I've had Lexus cars for fifteen years (on my fourth) and continue to think they are by far the best cars in the world.

According to Lexus the DroidX is "just too new" so hopefully they will be able to update the firmware at some time in the future. In the meantime I am using my old BB Storm which has all my music and playing flawlessly through BT. It doesn't get me Slacker though, and I miss that.

Bob

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea what that is. Can you enlighten me? I did a search for this but was confused at all the results.

The car has a USB port, but I get an "Error 1" message when I try to play through it. I'm using my normal USB cable (that I'd use to connect to my computer) to plug into the DroidX and the USB port on the car. Are you saying I need an adapter too? Using an adapter would I have to pull the SD card from the phone each time?

Thanks,

Bob

Did you try changing the setting on the X when its plugged into the car to USB Mass Storage or one of the other settings?

The X might be in charge only mode when plugged in.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site

Thanks,

Bob

Did you try changing the setting on the X when its plugged into the car to USB Mass Storage or one of the other settings?

The X might be in charge only mode when plugged in.

This.

Or, I use one of these adapters with another micro sd card so I don't have to plug/unplug my phone into the car to listen to tunes:

Amazon.com: Sandisk MobileMate Micro SD & M2 Reader (SDDR-121, Bulk Package): Electronics

Or one of these:

Amazon.com: USB2.0 Memory Card Reader Writer for MicroSD Micro SD T-Flash TF Card: Electronics

jgurnett

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Why do you have to be such a jerk? (And, if you are going to be a jerk, you should use a spell checker.) If you've been paying attention you would have read that most of those complaints were bogus and thrown out. Seems like piling on is the new American past time.

I've had Lexus cars for fifteen years (on my fourth) and continue to think they are by far the best cars in the world.

According to Lexus the DroidX is "just too new" so hopefully they will be able to update the firmware at some time in the future. In the meantime I am using my old BB Storm which has all my music and playing flawlessly through BT. It doesn't get me Slacker though, and I miss that.

Bob

Didn't mean to pile on, just trying to insert a little humor...now please unbunch your panties...:)

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
In the meantime I am using my old BB Storm which has all my music and playing flawlessly through BT. It doesn't get me Slacker though, and I miss that.

Does the Storm have Wifi, or was that just the S2? If you have wifi, you could either pay VZ for hotspot capability or root and use an app.... connect to wifi on your Storm, and BAM Slacker.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital