Droid X

My screen stays on kills the battery...this happens randomly.

I started noticing that my battery was being drained alot more than usual. I uninstalled any apps that i didnt really need. Still no luck. Then I started to notice that after I put my phon down and would come back to it even after a couple of hours the screen would still be on. I figured this is the culprit for my battery drain. Went to local VZW store...they did a factory reset...within an hour it happened again like 4 times. I havent installed any apps. Phone is factory except for email accounts.

Any help is very much appreciated!!
    11-12-2010 05:32 PM
    never had my screen turn back on- but i always tap the power button before setting it down. Turns off screen manually. {shrug}
    11-12-2010 11:01 PM
    If you haven't already done so, do a battery pull ... Take out battery, wait at least 1 full minute, put back in. Turn on.

This will essentially reset your X and fix some glitches. Not all, but hopefully this one. Need to be done from time to time, esp when lots of changes made.
    11-12-2010 11:58 PM
    two posts above are worth there we weight in gold.
    11-13-2010 12:37 AM
    Thanks for the feedback...

I know about the battery pull...came from a blackberry, need I say more.

As far as hitting the power button every time...thats what the screen timeout is for. Seems silly to have to do that each time with such an advanced phone.

I should get a replacement on Tuesday...I just have to wait and see if it happens with that one.
    11-13-2010 08:19 AM
    Of course you don't have to hit the power button after use, but the screen is the main battery drain. Even if it stays on a minute after you are finished before auto-shutting down, you have wasted that much battery. With the X, all things count toward keeping the battery charged throughout the day.
    11-15-2010 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD