Im not sure if Im putting this in the right place or if anyone will know the answer but here goes. The guy I just purchased my Droid X from on Ebay says he has $10 a month Best Buy insurance and that we can transfer that to me once the phone gets here. Is this true and is it worth doing? I would be really unhappy if I did it and then had it be worthless. Hoenstly the only purchase Ive ever made at Best Buy was my Wii when they first came out so I have little experience with them at all. Any advice? Thanks very much.
    11-14-2010 01:51 PM
    It wouldn't hurt to ask. But I have a feeling that it won't fly. But call and see. It would be awesome if they could because their insurance program is awesome. No claims, no deductible you just bring in your broken phone and they exchange it.
    11-14-2010 10:20 PM
    You can transfer ownership for the geek squad black tie protection on the phone. You need to call 1 888 Bestbuy, and tell them ur doing so. You'll just need the protection plan number from the previous owner, and a debit/credit card to put on it because they automaticaly charge you.
    Source: I work for best buy mobile

As for being worth it?
    Its awesome that it covers everything on the phone ( drops, spills, battery replacement, etc) HOWEVER, it is not rapid exchange for android phones. I had to wait 2 weeks to get my phone replaced for another DX when I dropped it and broke the screen.
    11-15-2010 06:57 AM
    I have Assurion for $5 a month through Verizon. $50 deductable.
    I used it once when my Blackberry Storm was stolen at work. I made the claim online and had a replacement phone 2 days later. It was evidently a refurb but still appeared to be brand spankin' new.
    $10 a month is a little steep in my book. If you have the coverage for more than 6 months before the incident, it works out the same. Longer, you save money, even with the $50 deductible.
    I have the same coverage on my Droid. But just remember. Any problems = a stolen phone.
    11-15-2010 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD