At a Verizon store today, and was playing with the X. Whenever I attempted to type something into the Google Browser it kept popping up with a screen trying to guess what I was typing. I was trying to type in three letters of an organization, but it would not let me. Every time I typed B it popped up with this stupid screen, I hit the X and it would not put the letter B in the search field. I gave up. I mean how many words start with the letter B?

Is this something on all androids? Can it be turned off? This was ludicrous and the service in the Grand Juntion store was terrible. I asked one person about it and they appeared to not care, he kept looking past me at something else. I then asked another woman and she couldn't explain what it was. I left peed.

Called Verizon and complained about the store and the level of service which was ZERO.
    11-15-2010 06:28 PM
    Its called instant and is on the desktop google and now in beta on phones. It can be turned on and off on the google search page.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    11-15-2010 06:36 PM
    Well, there is a feature on google's home page called instant. It's possible you were experiencing that feature while using that phone. I find it easier to just use the google widget from the home screen. It doesn't have any annoying quirks.

As for the vzw reps I can't really say much about that. I go into a store like that with the impression that they all know less than me, that way I'm never disappointed when they can't answer a simple question. Age old saying. If you want something done right, do it yourself. Those reps don't Know everything about every phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    11-15-2010 06:46 PM
    Thanks...
    I'll need to turn that off when I get the phone. Or, set up a Google widget.
    11-15-2010 07:04 PM
    I personally like Google instant. I think it is a cool feature and it saves me some ttime when I'm searching. I'm sure they will improve the feature over time to address any bugs.
    11-16-2010 05:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD