The Tab makes my X look small

rog152

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I was afraid this was gonna happen. I picked up one at Verizon to try it out, it's great but I am going to need to borrow my wife's incredible for a week to get the old X feeling back again.

P.S I am typing this from ny Tab

Last edited:

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, yeah because 7" > 4.3"

Haha! Just joking around. How do you like it? I myself am patiently waiting for a 10" Wi-Fi only Android tablet.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I played around with a Galaxy Tab at Best Buy and I really liked it, but I am going to wait before getting a tablet. I don't have a problem with the 7" size; it fits nicely in my hand. I like being able to hold it in one hand and use the other to navigate or type.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I played around with a Galaxy Tab at Best Buy and I really liked it, but I am going to wait before getting a tablet. I don't have a problem with the 7" size; it fits nicely in my hand. I like being able to hold it in one hand and use the other to navigate or type.

I messed around with one today in Best Buy as well. I think 7 inches is perfect. The iPad at 10 just isn't very mobile. I seems to require a seat, your lap, and 2 hands. The Tab can be used on the go, and I was able to type flawlessly, immediately. Only thing I don't like about it is the price...

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I messed around with one today in Best Buy as well. I think 7 inches is perfect. The iPad at 10 just isn't very mobile. I seems to require a seat, your lap, and 2 hands. The Tab can be used on the go, and I was able to type flawlessly, immediately. Only thing I don't like about it is the price...

One reason why you may feel the iPad is to "big" is the fact that it weighs over 1.5 lbs to 1.6 lbs while these 7" tabs coming out weigh around .8 lbs. If someone can make a 10" tablet that weights a pound or less, the 7" tabs will be done for - my opinion at least.

goliath602

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
No offense to anyone. But I still think that the tabs and ipad are stupid and don't see a legitamite reason to get one. Other then to show off that I have money to waste.

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I personally wouldn't mind a 10 inch wifi only tab, and what would be even better for me is if it was made by Motorola, Just so I can have my DX tether to said tab, yes, I'm a genuine materialistic person.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
No offense to anyone. But I still think that the tabs and ipad are stupid and don't see a legitamite reason to get one. Other then to show off that I have money to waste.

I don't think the tablet is a stupid idea, but I don't see what a tablet is going to offer me that ny Droid X doesn't already outside of it just having a larger screen. I think that the screen on my X is big enough to look at web pages comfortably and read books on my Kindle app. I also find the game play on my X really good. Fits well in my hand. The tablets that are out look sweet and I bet they are fun gadgets to have, but what difference would it make for me?

Reactions: Johnly

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering what the case industry is going to do with these "pads" ... Obviously, they are going to require some sort of screen protection when not in use. Maybe a hinged cover would be the answer. Then, if they move the screen to the top, they could add a full keyboard!!

WHAT will they think of next?

(a little sarcasm here..)

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site

I don't think the tablet is a stupid idea, but I don't see what a tablet is going to offer me that ny Droid X doesn't already outside of it just having a larger screen. I think that the screen on my X is big enough to look at web pages comfortably and read books on my Kindle app. I also find the game play on my X really good. Fits well in my hand. The tablets that are out look sweet and I bet they are fun gadgets to have, but what difference would it make for me?

No offense taken :D

I didn't buy an iPad to impress anyone, I needed it for precisely what it was intended for, an in between device between my Windows Laptop, and my phone. When iPad was released, 4.3" phones didn't, (and even if they did, I could not see myself doing everyday computing on my DroidX) I was living half the time at my apartment, and half the time at my girlfriends. I didn't want to keep unplugging everything, put everything in a bag, unpack and repack every couple of days with my laptop. I found it to be a HUGE convenience to have a nice portable solution to tote a tablet back and forth very easily with instant on capability. This also made my ereading MUCH easier as before I had my Sony Ereader with a book light for reading at night, my iPad not only works great as a reader, but also web, email, word processing, netflix, video, etc. I now very rarely turn the laptop's power on unless I need to update, backup, or plug something in.

It's the best of 3 worlds:

Laptop as my main computing hub.
iPad for all mentioned above
Droid X for total mobile computing

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
You know what I want a tablet for? Sheet music on gigs. Seriously, some of these songbooks are enormous, and to have all the pages in a lightweight device would be really convenient. The iRealBook app is actually awesome for jazz standards (I'm a bassist so all I need are chord changes, not melodies or words), but any real chart with specific non-improvised parts wouldn't work. This pianist I play with in Beverly Hills just started converting his library to iPad and it's amazing. It sits on top of the Steinway and if he wants to play "Here Comes the Sun" by The Beatles he simply taps H at the bottom of the reader app and flicks to it. It's really cool.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
You know what I want a tablet for? Sheet music on gigs. Seriously, some of these songbooks are enormous, and to have all the pages in a lightweight device would be really convenient. The iRealBook app is actually awesome for jazz standards (I'm a bassist so all I need are chord changes, not melodies or words), but any real chart with specific non-improvised parts wouldn't work. This pianist I play with in Beverly Hills just started converting his library to iPad and it's amazing. It sits on top of the Steinway and if he wants to play "Here Comes the Sun" by The Beatles he simply taps H at the bottom of the reader app and flicks to it. It's really cool.

I am a musician too, and love the idea! No, a 7 inch tab is fail for me, but most of my sessions don't require sheet music (memorized) but sometimes I do read from sheet music and a 10 inch pad would rock. Thanks for the idea.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08