Things I should remember about a reset?

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok so recently i've had a slew of issues with my DX, Yahoo email notification stopped appearing in my bar, text notification sound is stuck and cannot be changed, phone has started running a bit slow etc, so i'm planning on a factory reset here shortly to see if the problems can be resovled that way, and according to a few searches it seems like that is my only option. So I was wondering what everyone normally saves when they do a factory reset?

I know that I should save pictures? Although I think those are on my SD card, I also want to try and move swype to my SD card so that everything the program has learned about my text habits since I got it aren't lost either, but what else should I be remembering?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
There's a great sticky thread on this forum that starts with "Bingo...". Tells all the how-to's and what-ifs for a Factory Data Reset.

Your 3rd party apps will still be available. They might even end up being automatically downloaded (see the above-mentioned thread), depending on what you want to accomplish. You might have to re-download your free apps, though. No biggie.

Anything on your SD card should remain untouched, But, you might want to use the USB connection between your X and computer, drag and drop to copy all the folders into a folder on your computer. This will provide you a backup of the SD card and you can drag/drop whatever you might need back onto the X later.

windycityrider

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
i had the same issue with my yahoo mail notification not appearing on my bar at the top of the phone and some other issues so i had to reset mine. only thing that was a pain was that i lost some app's and had to reinstall them. isyncr, shazam, and history eraser just to name a few. not a huge big deal but still a minor pain to have to go back and do it again after you have your phone the way you want it. on the bright side, the phone works flawlessly again.
i would also suggest that you just go back and double-check your contacts in your gmail account and make sure they are all there so that you don't lose any info. any pictures or music should be saved onto your sd card so you should be ok.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm