just recently ive been noticing that swype is picking misspelled words and giving me the notice to highlight the word and hit the swype key to remove it from the dictionary. Is there any way to view this magical dictionary so i can just go in and in one fell swoop delete all the words that got added. There are some words i know for a fact ive never typed or added. I cant find anywhere that this dictionary resides, but maybe one of you know?
    11-18-2010 09:37 AM
    Settings>Language and keyboard>User dictionary
    11-18-2010 09:39 AM
    Settings>Language and keyboard>User dictionary
    yeah, this only contains the words that i specifically typed in there... they just happen to be all curse words spelled properly... i dont think this is actually the swype database though
    11-18-2010 11:42 AM
    It's possible that the user dictionary is only operational with the multi-touch typing as there is an option under that setting to clear the user dictionary. I use swype all the time and my user dictionary is empty, yet it will correct words. Now I DO wonder where the mystery dictionary is located, if it's not this one.
    11-18-2010 01:51 PM
    I was wondering if it is hidden because it can store passwords, account numbers, etc. I hope it is hidden and well encrypted as I find this feature very convenient.

[tapatalk - droidx]
    11-19-2010 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD