Skype - Can't Receive Calls on DX

booberthecat

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
For some reason I cannot receive Skype to Skype calls. I can call out, but my phone never rings when someone is trying to call me. In fact the caller never hears a ring either.

Any ideas?

Thanks if advance!!

booberthecat

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Some additional information for you consider:

• When I log into Skype on my PC with the same Skype account everything works fine. I can receive calls with no problem.
  • On my DX, I can see the Skype status of my contacts and they can see mine so no problem there.
  • I can send and receive Skype instant messages on my DX.
The only thing I can't do is RECEIVE Skype to Skype calls!

I sure would appreciate any ideas anyone has!

Thanks!!

booberthecat

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
OK, I stopped by the Verizon store this evening to try to resolve my issue with Skype Mobile on my DX. There was a long wait, so in the meantime I did some testing on the demo phones in the store. On the HTC Incredible and the Droid X demo phones I created two new Skype accounts. I was trying to rule out the following:

1. It was something particular to my Droid X.
  2. It was something particular to the Droid X in general.
  3. It was something particular to my specific Skype account.
Interestingly, I got the exact same result on both phones each with its own brand new Skype account (i.e., both allowed Skype IM, both could dial out, but neither one could receive Skype calls). STRANGE!!

When I finally got some help from someone at the stop (who happened to have a Droid X of her own), we tried it with her phone. Her DX DID receive Skype calls. We tried to determine settings and version differences, but could not come up with anything.

We also uninstalled the Skype update to put things back to the out-of-the-box version (which was still the version on her phone), but that did not help.

I really could use some help on this one and would appreciate ideas you may have.

Has anyone successfully used Skype-to-Skype calls on your DX over 3G? What version are you using.

Thanks!

moke

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
if they didnt fix it they should have given you a new phone

why? skype is not vzw's software. once the signal goes from tower to landline, then to the internet ... guess what, vzw does not own the internet.

your 'logic' seems to be that if you hop in a cab, tell cabbie the address you want to go to for a party, you get there, and find the party has moved, you do not pay the cabbie?

(in this example vzw is the owner-operator of the cab)

does that mean the cabbie should take you to new destination for free?

tell ya what, the next time you are in chicago, and take a cab to 'the airport', if they take you to o'hare, then you tell them you needed to go to midway (or vice versa). let's see how free that ride to midway is going to be ... i'd be interested.

the rates for cabs would shoot up to the highest in the market for that cab company just the same as vzw prices for cellular service...

hmmmm, could there be a connection?