Vignette camcorder button question

vudugan

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
When selecting to add camcorder button via vignette settings, how can I get it to open stock cam? It always jump to the Qik app and I don't want it to. Figured I'd start here first in case someone has figured it out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
my guess would be that its jumping to whatever the default app is for the camcorder on the phone, maybe?
so at some point you told the phone that Qik was the default video app?

i tried it on mine and it opened the stock camcorder for me.

Corey

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Try going to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications, tap on Qik, and then scroll down to the "Launch by Default" line and hit the Clear Defaults button.

vudugan

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Lol, duh. Thought it came with phone, don't recall getting it but that worked thx! !

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Vignette is a purchased app to run the camera/camcorder... a good one at that. But, I found since the 2.2 update, the native camera/camcorder provides higher quality pix than Vignette. Haven't used Vignette since the upgrade, so it might very well be updated.

vudugan

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
No issues with Vignette at all, I don't recall downloading Qik but it did uninstall. All is well now.

+1 for Vignette!

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, there was nothing wrong with the stock camera/camcorder since day 1. People who herald Vignette as being superior quality, are really unfortunately wrong. There's only one thing I prefer over Vignette and that's that it has more finesse and control over the camera settings. Unfortunately this does not translate to better quality pictures.

Only thing that increases quality in pictures is changing out the lens and sensor. And sadly a software application cannot upgrade that.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Vignette offers better control over pictures.

For some, like me who has used DSLRs for years, this is really appealing.

I think that UI is a bit better too but that's just personal preference and probably doesn't justify the cost by its self.

For most though, the stock camera is fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC