Leather Holster

robwilson

May 3, 2010
Visit site
It seems like every time I put my X in the leather holster/pouch, it goes into car dock mode. Any way to stop this? Its driving me nuts!!!!!

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Does your holster have a magnetic clasp? That's probably what's triggering dock mode. Maybe you could flip the phone around when you put it in the holster.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
The BACK corners on the left side (as you face the X screen) are sensitive to magnets ... the lower corner puts the X into a multimedia station dock; upper corner into car dock mode.

HOWEVER, I have noticed with my X "wearing" the Seidio Surface case, the magnets do not have an effect on the back corners. BUT a magnet to the screen will turn on the X and it tries to go into "multimedia" mode.

I also have one-piece soft plastic cases for my X and these DO allow magnetic reactions from the back.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yup it sure does. Thats what keeps the flap closed.

I picked up the vzw soft holster and it has a magnetic on it to that keeps flap closed.

I asked about the magnectic affecting phone and was told that that holster(vzw) was designed for the dx.

Mine doesn't go in car dock mode , but I just make sure the screen is off before putting it in holster.

Having the screen side facing in is a good ideal as well .:cool:

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Download the app Dock Nothingness from the Market. When the Car Dock is activated by the magnet, the phone will pop-up a screen asking you which app you want to launch, select Dock Nothingness (always).

If you use your phone in a car dock, and actually want to use the Car Dock app, then you can manually launch it.

I use a leather pouch with a magnet as well, and I use a car dock, but I prefer not to use the Car Dock app when my phone is docked, so I don't even bother with the car dock app.

Reactions: seanubis

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech