It seems like every time I put my X in the leather holster/pouch, it goes into car dock mode. Any way to stop this? Its driving me nuts!!!!!
    11-22-2010 10:51 AM
    Does your holster have a magnetic clasp? That's probably what's triggering dock mode. Maybe you could flip the phone around when you put it in the holster.
    11-22-2010 11:04 AM
    Yup it sure does. Thats what keeps the flap closed.
    11-22-2010 11:06 AM
    I have the Verizon one. Face the phone screen away from you. Never had that happen since then.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    11-22-2010 11:53 AM
    The BACK corners on the left side (as you face the X screen) are sensitive to magnets ... the lower corner puts the X into a multimedia station dock; upper corner into car dock mode.

HOWEVER, I have noticed with my X "wearing" the Seidio Surface case, the magnets do not have an effect on the back corners. BUT a magnet to the screen will turn on the X and it tries to go into "multimedia" mode.

I also have one-piece soft plastic cases for my X and these DO allow magnetic reactions from the back.
    11-22-2010 12:20 PM
    Should add here that a magnet to the screen is not advisable.
    11-22-2010 12:22 PM
    Yup it sure does. Thats what keeps the flap closed.
    I picked up the vzw soft holster and it has a magnetic on it to that keeps flap closed.

I asked about the magnectic affecting phone and was told that that holster(vzw) was designed for the dx.

Mine doesn't go in car dock mode , but I just make sure the screen is off before putting it in holster.

Having the screen side facing in is a good ideal as well .
    11-22-2010 12:36 PM
    Download the app Dock Nothingness from the Market. When the Car Dock is activated by the magnet, the phone will pop-up a screen asking you which app you want to launch, select Dock Nothingness (always).

If you use your phone in a car dock, and actually want to use the Car Dock app, then you can manually launch it.

I use a leather pouch with a magnet as well, and I use a car dock, but I prefer not to use the Car Dock app when my phone is docked, so I don't even bother with the car dock app.
    seanubis likes this.
    11-22-2010 01:40 PM
    Thanks I will try that app.
    11-22-2010 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD