Please try this, want to know if it is a bug, or just mine....

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
It's an annoying little keyboard thing. On the regular multi-touch keyboard, can someone open a text box and just type,

you can get it for $250 (any number following doesn't matter)

I type this and it removes the space before the $ symbol and reads on mine....

you can get it for$ 250

I have to go back in and backspace to for$ delete the $ sign and space it again to correct it every time.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately that's just the settings on the regular multi-touch keyboard and it can't be changed.

I went ahead and spent a couple of bucks on a new keyboard, and that issue is gone. It's well worth it to look into a new one.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Yea that happens to me as well. Irritating... because I use special characters all the time in texts and in emails, and when it "auto-corrects", which is an oxymoron in itself with this device, it's annoying.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Learn Swype. Worth the time and effort ... and doesn't take long. Once you make the switch, you won't want to return to multi-touch. Also, there are benefits to Swype, as in many little automatic adjustments and/or punctuation that eliminate such problems as you mention.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
+1 for Swype. I was very annoyed by that "feature" of the multitouch keyboard so I switched to Swype & the more I use it...the more I love it. It bugged me at first because I had to train it a lot of words that I use frequently that weren't in the dictionary, but now it is flawless.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It's an annoying little keyboard thing. On the regular multi-touch keyboard, can someone open a text box and just type,

you can get it for $250 (any number following doesn't matter)

I type this and it removes the space before the $ symbol and reads on mine....

you can get it for$ 250

I have to go back in and backspace to for$ delete the $ sign and space it again to correct it every time.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

The one that bugged me the most was typing a phrase like:

I will pick you up @ 6

and it would do the same & show:

I will pick you up@ 6.

I know it is just nitpicking, but even my texts can't have typos...I am very anal about that. :)

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
This is actually one of the issues with Froyo that pisses me off the most. I also use a lot of #$@%, etc and I hate having to backspace and re-type. And no, I'm not gonna stick with Swype because that is not the solution we need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs