Chipped the buttons - where can I buy replacement parts?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Well I just dropped my phone down the side of the couch and chipped the buttons on the bottom (the home one is screwed). Is there a place where I can find a replacement part for this so I can fix it, or am I just up poop creek without a paddle? If anyone has anything they could help me out with, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I found some spare parts on eBay, dirt cheap too. Now I just have to figure out how to get this thing apart to swap out the buttons!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to let those who might damage the buttons on their X that I went to eBay and found some parts and a screwdriver, shipped and received in 3 days for about $9. The seller is GoTotallyWireless, and it was quick, easy and painless. Then I watched some videos on YouTube, took apart my phone (made sure to follow the instructions and used some guitar picks to pry the phone apart), and swapped out the buttons. It was pretty easy, I'm about as unhandy as it gets - the whole thing took about 30 minutes. Just a little info. for those out there that might be as anal as I am.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
And of course, everyone please be aware that myself nor anyone here at Android Central can be held responsible if you break your phone while attempting to take it apart or put it back together, just sayin' :D