Where is 2.2.1 for droidx?

Skatedawg

ROM Abuser
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I know there are a couple more days in November but aren't we suppose to get 2.2.1 for the Droid x before the end if november? Where is it Motorola? Please :)

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I have seen a couple leaks for this online, but I haven't heard anything along the lines of when or IF it will actually be getting it. Rumors.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I didn't remember reading when it would be out even from the motorola forums, hopefully it won't be much longer tho.

Sent Using TaPaTaLk

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
as chris mentioned, there is a leaked version out in the wild.

OS updates from the carrier always take forever, especially from moto. im sure we all remember the froyo debacle. its for our benefit though, as the reason for the delay is always testing and making sure everything is running well

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I would like to believe it is so everything is running well but with all the bugs we got in froyo I dont know about that anymore :)

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I would like to believe it is so everything is running well but with all the bugs we got in froyo I dont know about that anymore :)

lol, yes, the irony of my statement isnt lost on me, but the fact remains that they arent holding it back for giggles. theyre always going to wait until they think its ready for prime-time

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Even if Motorola ever said at one point that we were supposed to have it by the end of November, I'd rather wait and make sure they get out a bug-free update than have them rush out whatever they have just to meet a deadline.

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

OS updates from the carrier always take forever, especially from moto. im sure we all remember the froyo debacle. its for our benefit though, as the reason for the delay is always testing and making sure everything is running well

you wouldnt think there would be that much of a testing period. shouldnt the new update be the old one they approved, with a list of new bug fixes? i cant believe their quality control is that top notch considering we need the update to fix problems to begin with. sigh....oh well, onto more apps!:p

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
If I could make a recommendation I'd say stay away from the leak as there is no way to revert back once you apply it, if you brick your phone while having the leak there is no way to unbrick ATM, trying to go back to 2.2 is certain suicide and you are S.O.L. until the actual OTA comes out and an SBF is available.

Patience is bliss.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
In reality, it isn't usually the vendor (ie: Motorola) that cause the delays in the OS update releases. More likely, it's Verizon - takes an update and runs it through it's own tests and requirements, from what I understand.

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
In reality, it isn't usually the vendor (ie: Motorola) that cause the delays in the OS update releases. More likely, it's Verizon - takes an update and runs it through it's own tests and requirements, from what I understand.

Yep Motorola will get their tweaks in on the update but in the end it's gotta be run by Verizon to get the OK.

Cyrilmak

Androidoholic
Nov 7, 2010
Visit site

The "making sure everything is running well" is BS. I've had countless OS updates that were stamped with Verizon's approval that were horrendous. BlackBerry was the worst however.

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i wouldnt say the bugs are major, but rebooting, music files stopping, ringtones assignment, camera issues, they add up. each one is small, but there are enough to cause some concern. i just want a few fixed, mainly the music issue. when ringtones quit working and i miss calls or emails, that gets to be a pain.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not one of the people testing the phone, but my understanding is that the initial tests were very split between "solving everything" and "my phone is a paperweight now". I imagine they spent some time trying to figure out what was leading to the high rate of failure, then had to do field testing again.

I would expect that second round of testing is either going on or done, and if the latter then VZ is probably testing it. Either way I'd imagine it will be closer to the holidays before we see the OTA.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc