Media Disappearance Act

carmona12#AC

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I am currently having a rather inconvenient issue with my X. My video and picture files are disappearing! For some reason I can't see pictures or videos that i've had since I activated my phone (transfered from the SD card in my BB Storm). I've had the x for a couple of months now and this problem JUST started a day or so ago. I tried the tips I've read here and there. Which include, taking the SD card out and re installing it, battery pulls, reboots, etc. No dice.

I'm having trouble thinking it's a Froyo problem, since I've had froyo since day one and this problem JUST started happening. Anyone out there with the same problem and a solution? I'd love to hear from you.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The pattern I have noticed about this issue is that I noticed items missing anytime the phone is used as Mass Storage device and Windows wants to do a error check. After error check a large amount of files get deleted. I backup SD Card data every chance I can to avoid losing files.

carmona12#AC

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your input, Wildman. Actually, now that you mention it. I think it all started when I put the phone as "charge only" when I plugged it into my computer. I use a Mac though,and you mentioned Windows does an error check, so that wouldn't apply. Fortunately, I did have my stuff backed up, so it wasn't a big deal that I lost data. BUT, i will keep an eye on what I do and maybe I can detect what causes the error.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I would NEVER let Win7 touch my SD card in any way, other than to open it. Win7 is way to "user friendly" - ie: makes decisions for you. Just my 2c.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie