Sending video via text message

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Anybody have an idea on how to send video as an attachment or through text messages?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
From the attachment (video) it self, hit share and select text.

Yea I can get that far but the file sizes are always to big. wondering if theres anything out there that can resize it for you without having to crop your video.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Yea I can get that far but the file sizes are always to big. wondering if theres anything out there that can resize it for you without having to crop your video.

Wow haven't been in the section lately. You need to record it for mms. Open video camera. Settings. Video res and change to vga. Max will be one min. Never had a issue doing that.

Reactions: Arelunde

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Wow haven't been in the section lately. You need to record it for mms. Open video camera. Settings. Video res and change to vga. Max will be one min. Never had a issue doing that.

LOL! Thanks T, I'm gonna have to just PM you next time I have an issue. Thanks again.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
TNTDroid ... What resolution settings with VGA should be used for MMS videos? Is there one that maintains some measure of quality while being able to share?
In stock video settings, there's:
VGA (640x480)
CIF (352x288)
Qvga 320x240) - What does the Q indicate?
QCIF (176x144)

Would the regular VGA work OK at the minute length, having the greatest resolution quality? Thanks!

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Tried it at the VGA (640x480) settings and only a 10 second lenth, but still "too large" to send via mms.

Does anyone know if Vignette works better with videos than 2.2 stock? So far, the regular camera functions well with just the stock app, although on 2.1, I used Vignette to get quality.

mossyoak

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
im so glad i joined this fourm! everyone here is so nice and always willing to lend a helping hand! I have been trying to fight this same issue and just like that there is a solution! its pays to search before you post!

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I cannot change the resolution on my phone. Changed to MMS but will not change resolution. When changing to MMS it stays at 320x240. when I have at normal it will allow me to change. Anyway to send a video I have already taken?

Fahrenheit

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to reply to this old thread because I came across it on Google, trying to search how to attach vids to MMS on Android. I figure I'll post my solution so others can benefit. I ended up finding an app called VidTrim which will shrink your videos and make them small enough to send through MMS. I had a 5 second, 1080P video which came in at 6MB. VidTrim shrunk it to 240p size, and it came out to 133KB, with sound! The app was easy to use, and converted the video in 10 seconds. Easily sent through Google Hangouts MMS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar