Call Time Stalls Unacceptable

j.att.wallace

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that after I complete a call, the CALL TIME information pops up on the screen. It stays there WAY too long and I can't access any other function while I wait for this screen to go away.

I'm seeing stalls between 10 and 30 seconds.

Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas of how to address this?

Thx.

j.att.wallace

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
No Response

The suggestion to hit return, home, etc... is the example of what is not working. My point is this: I'm seeing that nothing responds when this hang up happens. Post call... when displaying CALL TIME XX:XX... no buttons respond, no button you push has any impact and you just have to wait until it comes back 15 to 45 seconds later.

This doesn't happen every time, but it's happening enough that it really sucks, especially when I'm in a hurry to use or find something else.

Anyone ever experienced this?

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Can't say I have experienced this. At some point you may want to try a hard reset or start deleting apps to find the rogue.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
My call time display only shows for about 5 seconds.

Maybe you have an app running on your DX that is not playing nice and using up a lot of resources and just happens to show that by your DX freezing a little when a call ends.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Try doing a battery pull (battery out, wait full minute, battery in, restart). If this doesn't fix it, then you have some sort of conflict going between apps. If you can identify when it started doing this, you can delete the apps installed at that time and since then. If the problem goes away, re-install one at a time and see if the problem returns. If so, that's the culprit.

If this doesn't work, you might be forced to do a Factory Data Reset, where you return your X to it's out-of-the box state. There's a sticky thread in this forum on how to do that. The thread starts out "Bingo..."

You won't have to pay again for you apps. Might have to download them again from Market if you haven't used the app to back them up (don't know the name of it). But, overall, only takes a couple hours of time total. Often is the only answer short of getting a replacement.