E911 on lock screen?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to get the emergency 9-1-1 widget/icon for instant dial on the lock screen with LP+. Not sure, but I seem to remember it was on the lock screen with the stock UI.

I would imagine Widget Locker might be an answer, but I was wondering about LPP itself.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
LPP shouldnt have anything to do with the lock screen. the emergency contact button only appears on a security lock though; it wont appear on the default slide lock screen

Reactions: Arelunde

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! Will check this out. In an emergency situation, one doesn't think clearly and 9-1-1 being accessible right away seems like a good idea.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
its not just 911 either. you can also assign i believe up to 3 emergency contacts as well, so say you get into a car wreck and youre unconscious, someone can use that emergency contacts feature and call your wife/girlfriend/parents to let them know. just one example of where that can come in handy

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
its not just 911 either. you can also assign i believe up to 3 emergency contacts as well, so say you get into a car wreck and youre unconscious, someone can use that emergency contacts feature and call your wife/girlfriend/parents to let them know. just one example of where that can come in handy

Is this using Widget Locker or stock? I would like to activate this. Thanks for the info!!!

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
The ICE contacts are stock. It should be at the top of your contacts list. Just open that and it will have three spots you can add contacts to. Just long press the open slot and select the contact.

Reactions: Arelunde

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Found it! Thank you VERY much!! This is a great feature and everyone should have it filled out.

I liked the "notes" part where you could provide additional information, in case of emergency.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX