02-17-2011 12:23 AM
465 ... 1516171819
tools
    Ota. It turned out the update.zip wouldn't work either.
    What error did it show when you tried the update.zip way? Same error as others reported? ...or different one?

Sent using TaPaTaLk
    12-10-2010 11:50 AM
    im planning on sbf'ing my stock version when i get home, then upgrading, because i apparently deleted an app so its not letting me update when rooted.

my nandroid backup has all my apps and stuff and also has my themed black bar on top.

I've heard people's phones bricking because they are trying to theme, what should I do so I can keep the apps when I nandroid back but not install the black bar so it wont brick?
    12-10-2010 11:56 AM
    My update is failing as well. Going from 2.3.15 ONLY rooted. Tried OTA and manual install with no luck. Probably just going to SBF and update this weekend. Any clue of why this is happening or a less time consuming fix?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    12-10-2010 12:10 PM
    Where are the instructions to SBF (can find it searching)
    12-10-2010 12:13 PM
    Where are the instructions to SBF (can find it searching)
    RoOoLeR's Guide ROOT / UNROOT / BACKUP / ROM / SBF / OVERCLOCK - Android Forums

Scroll down to the section titled, 'Guide to restoring your Droid X to stock 2.2 OTA VIA RSD Lite "SBF"'
    12-10-2010 12:31 PM
    Just updated and right off the bat I noticed my pop comcast email is still not pushing through. Guess I wait for gingerbread in hopes this will work once again.

12-10-2010 12:46 PM
    I've been getting the message saying "update is not available at this time. Please try again later".

After a few hours of tweaking settings (non-rooted phone), I decided to turn off the sync over wifi setting in settings>data manager. I powered off my phone, turned it back on, went to settings, and selected update. It finally went through!

Don't know if anyone else has done that yet, but I felt like posting it just in case someone finds it helpful.
    12-10-2010 12:58 PM
    I received my update notification this morning, Friday, and after trying 3 times it failed during install. I am stock but rooted. Super annoying!!!
    12-10-2010 01:09 PM
    What error did it show when you tried the update.zip way? Same error as others reported? ...or different one?

Sent using TaPaTaLk
    It just started for a little while and then said installation failed or something like that but I don't really remember what the error was. After doing that I just decided to let it update ota.
    12-10-2010 04:56 PM
    I was having trouble getting the ota on my rooted and slightly modded dx. sbf'd to stock (sys only) still wouldn't ota. I finally switched my build.prop file back to stock, from rom manager...download went through without a hitch, however it won't install. It says install failed. I guess I'll go through the process of sbf, and install then.
    12-10-2010 06:34 PM
    I'm downloading it NOW!
    12-10-2010 07:40 PM
    Yep. Merged with the sticky.
    12-10-2010 07:45 PM
    Is anybody upset by the lack of bugfixes on the update info sheet? What happened to the battery force close error and wifi problems? I am so sick of my phone not being connected to the school network unless i keep pressing the on/off over and over.
    Download Wi-Fi Manager. Get the one by "MM Studio" the other runs in background and sucks CPU.

It allows you to view all of the open (and closed) networks that are available to you and allows you to choose the one you would like to connect to.

-Masheen
    Droid X or die.
    12-10-2010 08:55 PM
    I was rooted, got the update OTA and ran the update while rooted, lost root. Ran z4Root and now I am rooted again!
    I highly doubt that you are rooted right now. You may think that you are. Open a program that requires root access and see what it says. I did the same thing with Z4root after the update and it rebooted and i still had my super user icon but i was not rooted and could not run the programs that require root.
    12-10-2010 09:29 PM
    I highly doubt that you are rooted right now. You may think that you are. Open a program that requires root access and see what it says. I did the same thing with Z4root after the update and it rebooted and i still had my super user icon but i was not rooted and could not run the programs that require root.
    That is how I rooted, and it is rooted. My rooted apps are working.

12-10-2010 10:41 PM
    Yup I rerooted with z4root and have confirmed I can run rooted prgms again too.

Until I rooted again after the update I couldnt .

Sent using TaPaTaLk
    12-10-2010 11:00 PM
    I went from 2.3.151 to 2.3.340 tho the posted update zip and my info matches yours :

Not quite, but TBH has released the kernel update so now mine matches yours exactly. Thanks TBH!!!
    12-11-2010 01:40 AM
    I used the dorootforwindows method to root my phone and can not install the update. How do I un-root the phone.
    12-11-2010 02:13 AM
    Ok I un-rooted using Z4Root but now the update downloads then it reboots to install, then it starts to install and half way through it stops and puts up a exclamation point then restarts the phone.
    12-11-2010 02:33 AM
    Hi all!

I am new to Android and to Droid X, and i downloaded z4root and Appsystem remover. Now I cant get the newest update. 2.2.1 I think its because i removed some system apps.

I was wonder how i can get them back. I have done a hard reset (much to my dislike) and its still failing to update. No error message, just says "failed to update". If anyone can help me fix this, please let me know.
    12-11-2010 08:16 AM
    Search. All of your answers are out there.
    12-11-2010 08:34 AM
    Installed new update last night (non-rooted). I've now experienced three random reboots. Phone screen just goes black and then a couple of seconds later the red Droid emblem screen (similar to this-> ) is displayed and phone boots back up. Never had this happen previously, at all, so three times within 12 hours of the update being installed seems to point to it being something not playing nice after the update. Anyone else experiencing this type of problem?
    12-11-2010 08:39 AM
    Had a rooted 2.2, think I removed some things w/o backing up and the update would always fail to install. But after sbf'ing and wiping, it's all good now. Update installed fine, and phone def. seems a bit snappier now and new dailer is useful.
    12-11-2010 10:30 AM
    Id love to know what this update was supposed to do because I see no improvement to any of my problems. Still have issues with updating apps. Still have issues with weather not updating when on the doc and the pop mail app still wont push mail. Seems like the only change was that I have some crap I can't uninstall.

12-11-2010 12:44 PM
    Id love to know what this update was supposed to do because I see no improvement to any of my problems. Still have issues with updating apps. Still have issues with weather not updating when on the doc and the pop mail app still wont push mail. Seems like the only change was that I have some crap I can't uninstall.

With the recent update i have noticed:

-Faster switching between home screens when multiple programs are running
    -No lag or messing up when unlocking my phone
    -Internet browsing is amazing, pages load in 1/2 the time
    -New dialer menu
    -Less force closes
    *Update: I have also noticed that my phone now Vibrates while it Rings for notifications rather than vibrating followed by a ring. Its nice.
    There are some other minor fixes as well such as fixes to exchange sync, visual voicemail, and they added a new data widget which honestly i haven't tried out yet. Couple new apps are preloaded one being madden NFL, its actually a pretty cool game, however you can remove it via root with TitaniumBackup or Root Explorer if you would like.

Now this is important.

The biggest thing that helped me out as far as updating my phone was a post about a month or two ago on android central's article forum. (I will search to find the original post and update this)

i noticed that when i first upgraded to 2.2 i was not benefiting fully or getting all of the features. I have tried factory rebooting but it didn't work. Until, i read a post telling me to go into: Settings>Privacy> and uncheck "Back up my data" and "automatic restore" Then perform a factory reset. When your phone resets, skip adding your google account and manually do it after your phone is done with the tutorial. This ensures that froyo is properly running on your phone and fixes ALOT of phone issues. I have helped many of friends optimize their phone and have it run they way it was intended to. Because what actually happens is Froyo and now 2.2.1 is it gets installed but actually reinstalls your previous system data negating part of the update you received. If you want to ensure that the features of the updates work properly on your phone try this method and leave those two privacy options unchecked. Hopefully gingerbread will correct this problem in the future, but until then lets work around it.

-Masheen
    12-11-2010 01:44 PM
465 ... 1516171819