Available Now: Droid X 2.3.340 Update Discussion (Not Gingerbread!)

dagodpapa

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I don't have a refurbished one but I do have that version and am experiencing the same problems. I think as of now we'll just have to wait it out :(. Oh well could be worse, if I find out anything I will let you know

tony9631

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Update Issues Droid X 2.3.340. Help

I have a refurbished Droid X. Not Rooted. Want to update to 2.3.340. downloaded the update.zip file and drug it on the the sd card but i have version 2.3.151 is there anyway to install 2.3.15 back on the phone. i think this is the issue but not 100% sure.. any suggestions

tony9631

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
yah but if we have 2.3.151 and you wait it out til the OTA one comes you should still have the same problem. considering your gonna have the 151 software still installed.

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I did a full 2.3.15 SBF prior to installing the update via recovery and am glad I did, everything worked without a hitch, fully charged my extended battery and then used z4 to root my phone.

I have to say I am very pleased with the update so far, battery life seems to have improved a bit, no more battery manager force closes "yay!", the added quick search to the dialer is awesome and video speed seems to be smoother.

I've had all day to mess with the phone and had no restarts or real issues that I can think of, maybe I'm just lucky.

bgs_piece

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
My X was originally rooted using Dark Onions DO ROOT program through the sdk. I installed the update while rooted and lost root and then tried using Z4 root version 1.3. and it will not root my phone I even tried a data reset on the phone and still no luck. When I run z4 it looks like it is working and then reboots and it is still not rooted.

Has anyone tried Dark Onions DO ROOT program to see if it can root .340 ?

I was rooted also but lost root once the update applied and I tried running z4root and was unsuccessful the first few times but finally after letting it run 5 or 6 times it finally rooted and now I am able to overclock and everything else root allows.

Keep trying; it should work!

untappedalloy

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok I got the update over the air. It downloaded, but when I went to install it, it would show the bin with the arrow and android for only a little while and then switch to a triangle with an exclamation mark in the middle. I'm rooted and it does the same thing when I try to apply any themes. Anyone know how to fix it?

bigjakex3

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Just got the update for the DX when I checked for updates manually. Tried to upgrade but shows update failed. Did this twice.

I am rooted, using 928droid deodex theme. Tried to unroot with z4 but that didn't work. Should I go back to my original bootstrap backup? Should I flash the 2.2 sbf?

Any help appreciated, Thanks. Oh yea the DX has been working normally.

Jake

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just pulled the OTA. Fast DL and no problems at all (unrooted).

Remember, to force DL, connect to WiFi and check manually. If that doesn't work, leave WiFi on and do a normal reboot.

Gotta say phone feels a hell of a lot snappier so far.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Do we need to worry about kernel numbers matching between those who went .320>.340 versus those who went .15(1)>.340? I went from .320>.340 and I don't think I have the same kernel from what I've seen of others' screen shots.

CAP201012091624.jpg

I went from 2.3.151 to 2.3.340 tho the posted update zip and my info matches yours ::cool:

snap20101210_073313.png

Mandoo

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
OTA 2.3.240 is now available

Settings>about>check for updates.

Worked fine but lost root. Should be no problem getting it back.

Last edited:

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
so far this thread seems to just be 35 pages of "im downloading now" or "it took me 10 minutes and i didn't lose the root". the update is out there on the forums, go get it and apply it. we need to start discussing the problems and upgrades on here.

problems:
*my corporate sync email still will not connect
*the vibrate feature has something funky going on with it
*normal memory free is still way too close to the threshold level. i was able to get back to 150mb free the other day by deleting stuff but now its right back to 47. whats up with this??

good stuff:
*haven't had enough time to use it yet but so far i can't find any difference from 2.2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol