Email help on the X

rustyboy717

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Need some help with email. The last couple of days my email has not been auto retrieving. None my settings have changed and I can get email if I manually refresh. They just won't show automatically. I'm obviously overlooking something little. Any help would be great.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Check your settings > data delivery > background data (check) and data enabled (check). Also, in settings, Accounts > sync (go into each account,especially gmail) (check).

Reactions: rustyboy717

Ophelia

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I think something is going on with email.

My email, and my husbands emails (all of them yahoo) are doing the same thing - they are NEVER automatically delivered to the phone. I checked all the sync and data settings and they're all correct. I have 2 different yahoo accounts, one set up as "email" and one set up as "yahoo" neither one works (when you go to the add accounts there are options for "Email" or "Yahoo! Mail").

I've even tried removing and readding the accounts and it still didn't work.

My next step for tonight was going to be to wipe the phone and start from scratch, this is really bugging me.

I love this phone, but coming from blackberry where everything just WORKED (push on ALL of my emails, not just gmail, facebook notifications etc), I'm a little disappointed.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
The easiest solution is to have Gmail (on your computer) "fetch" your other emails. You don't have to use the gmail address ... there's an option to have email returned with your Pop3 address showing. You can continue to use whatever email you have, but this eliminates the need for multiple "accounts" that need independent checking. Gmail also syncs instantly between the X and your computer. Great for contacts list and calendar, which also sync instantly.

jennybb211

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I have been having this same problem the last few days...I have to go in and "refresh" my mail to get it, and I just realized that none of the email I type on my phone and sent went out the last few days. Before this it has been working fine. I wonder what is up? I just went into my phone and checked all the settings mentioned above and they are all fine.

rustyboy717

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Check your settings > data delivery > background data (check) and data enabled (check). Also, in settings, Accounts > sync (go into each account,especially gmail) (check).
All is well with those settings. Didn't realize it but I'm also not able to send email either. At this point I will wait for the OS update and see what happens after that.

grumpyoldman

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue last week after a trip to Canada i found several emails stuck in my out box and i had to refresh my corperate account in order to get emails. I pulled the battery, nothing helped. Then on another battery pull i left it out for ~5min and when it rebooted the email started to sync again. A few days later it did it again, i left the battery out 5 min and it started working again. During this time I also noticed 3g connection issues. I stopped by the Verizon store and they mentioned they where starting up the 4g system and it had caused some 3g connectivty problems but he also told me to dial *228 if i leave my home calling area. So i did the *228 twice both option 1 & 2 and have not had the problem since.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084