Can it get any better? 2TB SDXC!

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Well, I know it can, but how soon will it?

When will we see an Android phone with full SDXC support?

When I got my X, I was peeing in my pants with anticipation for a phone that has 40 gigs of storage. For some reason that 40 gigs just doesn’t seem like enough, I already knew that 32 GB is the foremost capacity of an SDHC Micro card, but I went looking for something better anyway. This is what I found:
SDXC Capabilities - SD Association

I know the SDXC is old news, yet it did slip my mind. After seeing this page though I started to dream of a 5.1” 1080p touchscreen, 5MP/FFC, 12MP Back/Main Camera, 4G/LTE, 2TB Micro SDXC Supported Droid X.2

So any guesses as to when my dreams might come true? Christmas 2011?
:p

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I saw the first mentions of SDXC and microSDXC at CES 2009, so that was almost two years ago. Since then we've seen a handful of 64GB SDXC cards hit the market and a small handful of digital cameras that support XC cards. With 32GB SDHC cards just finally appearing in volume and at reasonable prices, I think you're going to see that as the "standard" for the next year or two before XC really takes off.

If the Nexus S is any indicator, more Android manufacturers may start to mimic Apple & Palm and offer devices without expandable storage, as they hope to get users to buy a new device to get more storage and/or stream all of their media (thus making more $ for the carriers!).

Otherwise, yeah, I love having 8gb internally + 32gb on my microSDHC card in my Droid X. I also keep two 16gb cards around, one full of music and one full of movies if I am traveling. Only when I can eventually replace my iPod Classic 160gb with a flash-based solution will I be totally happy!

xyzopq

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, I know it can, but how soon will it?

When will we see an Android phone with full SDXC support?

When I got my X, I was peeing in my pants with anticipation for a phone that has 40 gigs of storage. For some reason that 40 gigs just doesn’t seem like enough, I already knew that 32 GB is the foremost capacity of an SDHC Micro card, but I went looking for something better anyway. This is what I found:
SDXC Capabilities - SD Association

I know the SDXC is old news, yet it did slip my mind. After seeing this page though I started to dream of a 5.1” 1080p touchscreen, 5MP/FFC, 12MP Back/Main Camera, 4G/LTE, 2TB Micro SDXC Supported Droid X.2

So any guesses as to when my dreams might come true? Christmas 2011?
:p
At least a Toshiba's "thrive" has SDXC now...

unfortunately I'm looking for a 7" so I can carry it in my back- or cargo-pants- pocket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12