A couple quick questions

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the Fascinate side by side my wife's X, and I've all but decided to swap mine out for an X too. However, I love the UI (TouchWiz I believe) of the Fascinate. I know it's not popular with others, but I really like the paged scrolling through apps, and the puzzle piece unlock screen is just sweet. Right now - I don't know enough about rooting and don't have the time to learn it. But could someone tell me, if I'd HAVE to root the X to get TouchWiz on it? Is that the only way, and then I've got a couple quick questions about rooting to help me decide when/if I may want to do it.

Is there still a one click method to rooting for the X and if so, is it safe?

Would I be required to run in rooted mode to use TouchWiz (or could I just root, install TW, and then unroot)?

Once rooted, is there anything that is done permanently to the phone (such as Verizon being able to tell I EVER rooted it)?

Thanks for the quick answers to help me formulate where I want to go from here.

dagodpapa

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
There is a one click method called "z4 root" and so far has been proven safe. I have not had any problems with it. Once rooted, nothing is done permanently, everything can be undone and z4 makes it easy for us noobs too! All you have to do is click the unroot button on z4. As far as touchwiz goes, I haven't heard too much of that on the X. Its possible that an app called "widget locker" might have the puzzle lock screen you want

Skatedawg

ROM Abuser
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
One click method that i like is z4root. Its awesome and easy. Sometimes you have to do it a couple times to get it to fully work but it does work.

You have to stay in root to do modifications on that level but im not sure how you would get touchwiz on your droid x. Im sure a rom developer could better answer that question. Im curious to know this as well now that you mention it.

If you unroot your phone its difficult to tell that you rooted it. So no, they wont be able to tell unless you are rooted. You will simply see the Superuser in your apps if your rooted.

Last edited:

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I may be mistaken on this, but my understanding is that TouchWiz is a Samsung product, much like Sense is for HTC and MotoBlur for Motorola. I do not believe you can put TouchWiz on a DX. There may be a ROM that emulates TouchWiz, but it is not technically TouchWiz.

Skatedawg

ROM Abuser
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I may be mistaken on this, but my understanding is that TouchWiz is a Samsung product, much like Sense is for HTC and MotoBlur for Motorola. I do not believe you can put TouchWiz on a DX. There may be a ROM that emulates TouchWiz, but it is not technically TouchWiz.

Your correct, but im sure there is some kind of ROM that a rom developer could build to emulate the touchwiz for the Droid X.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae