Issues AFTER 2.3.340 Update!!!

dcusick1

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Found a pretty significant issue... Still working out the specifics, but basically every other time I hook up my phone to my computer via the USB cable, my phone reboots. I have to unhook it, wait for it to boot back up fully, and then reconnect to my computer. At that point, I can copy the files from my phone to my computer. This is very consistently happening for me. Had my phone reboot on me at least 4 times today. I updated this morning. Not rooted or anything. Everything is stock. Any ideas on what the heck is happening?

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Found a pretty significant issue... Still working out the specifics, but basically every other time I hook up my phone to my computer via the USB cable, my phone reboots. I have to unhook it, wait for it to boot back up fully, and then reconnect to my computer. At that point, I can copy the files from my phone to my computer. This is very consistently happening for me. Had my phone reboot on me at least 4 times today. I updated this morning. Not rooted or anything. Everything is stock. Any ideas on what the heck is happening?

Is it only when you connect it via charge or when you mount the phone as a drive?

dcusick1

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Is it only when you connect it via charge or when you mount the phone as a drive?

I have it set for USB Mass Storage mode, so it mounts automatically when I connect it. For the first time since I updated, I actually just connected it to my wall charger, and what do you know, it rebooted on me. This is definitely quite annoying...

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
All my apps staid on card too.i just have angry birds seasons but it staid too.

Good you got your settings.back too, kinda weird tho but long as they work,ha

Sent using TaPaTaLk

rjmlakota

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any major issues, the only thing I noticed at first was they typing being a little laggy but it's fine now.

My typing has been laggy for about a month now. I've reset, battery pull and nothing seems to help. Anyone have an ideas what it could be?

Back to the question.... I updated this morning and everything seems to be running smoothly.

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
anyone having an issue with downloading madden? jeez! i'm on my wifi at home and its taking forever! like literally over an hour and i'm only at like 17 percent then it drops back to 13. i give up! the download was slowing my phone down to a crawl!

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
i get you dont wanna play it on the x, i was asking if the download was slow for anyone else.

No, mine downloaded over Wifi in about 5 minutes during my lunch break after I got my 2.2.1 update on Wednesday. Maybe the server is getting hit hard today since the OTA went out to everyone today.

ririder

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Tonite I ran into a problem that I had been having after the last update. Sometimes, when I make a call, the call goes through, but I can't hear anything. I've seen others post about the same problems in the past and was really hoping that this would have been fixed. I doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's a pain in the arse because the only way that I've found to fix it is to shut the phone off and restart. The other problem that I used to have but haven't checked to see if it was taken care of is the problem with the stock music player freezing up.

RJMartin19

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Tonite I ran into a problem that I had been having after the last update. Sometimes, when I make a call, the call goes through, but I can't hear anything. I've seen others post about the same problems in the past and was really hoping that this would have been fixed. I doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's a pain in the arse because the only way that I've found to fix it is to shut the phone off and restart. The other problem that I used to have but haven't checked to see if it was taken care of is the problem with the stock music player freezing up.

I have had the same problem. It hasnt happened since the update but i really wish someone would figure out what is causing this to happen.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I have had the same problem. It hasnt happened since the update but i really wish someone would figure out what is causing this to happen.

Yeah, the phone issue happened to me three times the day before the update. I hope it doesn't happen anymore!

2swol

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Same problem with sounds not coming through when someone calls however if i make the call it will work.

S/N Madden stuck @ 66% on WIFI

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Root issue

I need some help guys. I changed the suffix back to .apk on the bloatware I had frozen. However, I did not unroot before I installed the update. It installed successfully and to my surprise I still had the superuser icon in my app drawer except my phone was no longer rooted. My add-free android app and root explorer could no longer obtain root access. I looked for the fastest and easiest way to root. Downloaded Z4root, hit perminent root button, it restarted but didn't work. Any ideas?