Issues AFTER 2.3.340 Update!!!

papadonna

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I have also had the Gallary problem. Click it once, then it would flash the folders, then back to the home screen. I actually did a factory reset, and the device has never been faster, more responsive, better battery conserving. I also kept a few unneeded apps off the device so that may help contribute to the battey conserving if they needed background updates. not sure though.

How did you go about saving everything on the phone?

revwill

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
There seems to be a lot of people reporting issues with device to computer connectivity. I've had issues where if I go from USB mass storage to charge only while it's connected to my computer, it will freeze and reboot itself. Others are saying as soon as they connect it to the computer via USB it reboots.

The factory reset fixed that for me.

Faulk_Wulf

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I got to page 4 and didn't see my particular issue posted so here it is:
Arbitriarily (sp?) My phone will go to the droid eye like its rebooting. After 2 seconds im back to my lock screen but its annoying.
My typing is a little laggy and Dolphin HD is strugglin to load pages but I blame the network and where I am for that.
Thougts?

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
thanx, but how do i revert morphs back to stock
and yea I forgot Im running that theme 928 or what ever its called that deodoxes my phone

as far as the morphs go, you hopefully made backups before you applied them on your phone? easiest way to go back. you also do need to reodex your system files; if you go to 928's site, he has a "back-to-stock" odexed zip you can download to do this.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Problems I had with lag and random reboots are now gone after doing factory reset. Now 3 days and not a single problem (compared to 5 random reboots within a 20 hour window previously.

I do have to say though - what a pain in the a$$. Coming from Blackberry I have to say the Android platform sorely lacks an easy way to back-up and restore the device. This functionality was built into the Blackberry desktop. But have to say it's really positive with how fast and effective the software reset and initialize is - that's leaps ahead of the BB line.

scandluz22

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
There seems to be a lot of people reporting issues with device to computer connectivity. I've had issues where if I go from USB mass storage to charge only while it's connected to my computer, it will freeze and reboot itself. Others are saying as soon as they connect it to the computer via USB it reboots.

The last few times it worked fine, but at least I know it's not only me.

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I do have to say though - what a pain in the a$$. Coming from Blackberry I have to say the Android platform sorely lacks an easy way to back-up and restore the device. This functionality was built into the Blackberry desktop. But have to say it's really positive with how fast and effective the software reset and initialize is - that's leaps ahead of the BB line.

in my opinion the droid is much easier and more comprehensive to back up. backing up and reinstalling blackberry apps with BBSAK never worked properly for me. and oddly enough my emails would never seem to restore properly from desktop manager. they would always show up with red x's.

download a program called mybackup pro. it's $5 well spent. it will back up your apps and mms/sms and contacts, etc. right to the SD card. wipe the phone, re-download the program (which will automatically register since you've already paid for it on your google account) then just restore everything. piece of cake. if you only need it once get the free version but i recommend paying for it and having it to automatic backups to your sd card.

Reactions: Bob61

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
i just noticed again today that my market kept FC on me. the other day i got a FC on an NFL app that i never even ran. I really wish motorola/big red would Q/A their software before they release it.

Edit: one thing i NEVER had with froyo was any FC's. Occasionally on the battery manager, but i just stopped looking.

Last edited:

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Here's one thing I've noticed. If I reboot my phone for any reason, and I go into Marketplace to update or download something, it will Force Close. However, if I go back into it, not only will it continue to download, but it will never FC again, only that first time after a reboot. I think maybe once the new Marketplace rolls around it won't have that issue.

lone airedale

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Here's one thing I've noticed. If I reboot my phone for any reason, and I go into Marketplace to update or download something, it will Force Close. However, if I go back into it, not only will it continue to download, but it will never FC again, only that first time after a reboot. I think maybe once the new Marketplace rolls around it won't have that issue.

Exactly the same thing here.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
for those having market issues, go to menu>settings>applications>manage applications>all>market and try a data clear in the market app to see if that fixes anything. i was having the same issue, and this fixed it

Mbaverizon#IM

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
ok after my download it has frozen twice on me yesterday, one when i was trying to email somone and second is when i opened a game???? and when i pluged it into the computer it rebooted??? today it froze once when i tried to open a game!! i hate this!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox