Issues AFTER 2.3.340 Update!!!

hickeyjones

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
After update mine has been random rebooting like crazy. Factory reset seemed to help for a while, but it's getting worse again. I had NO issues before the update.

bigdog44

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Gallry no longer working

can't open my gallery gonna restart see what happens

This is exactly the problem I am having. I can no longer open my galley. I can access all my pix through astro viewer but Galley just shuts down when I click on it. I am lost as what to do next. Any help? and yes I have restarted, pulled battery, and no I have not added anything new to phone.

midwestcajun

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
This is exactly the problem I am having. I can no longer open my galley. I can access all my pix through astro viewer but Galley just shuts down when I click on it. I am lost as what to do next. Any help? and yes I have restarted, pulled battery, and no I have not added anything new to phone.
This was my only issue after updating. The only way I could fix was to do a factory data reset (settings>privacy settings>factory data reset). Really not as scary as it might sound. In astro you can backup your apps by (menu>tools>application manager/backup)..if you have purchased anything it will come back when you goto market after reset. Contacts remain but you will have to setup email and all the other goodies like sounds again. It takes a little time but other than getting another gallery app this is the only way to go.

Jihoonie

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Connecting to computer via USB reboots everytime

There seems to be a lot of people reporting issues with device to computer connectivity. I've had issues where if I go from USB mass storage to charge only while it's connected to my computer, it will freeze and reboot itself. Others are saying as soon as they connect it to the computer via USB it reboots.

My DX reboots any and every time I connect to a device via USB, whether it's my printer or my laptop. Anyone know of any possible reasons for this?

Poohbear

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
My DX reboots randomly as well. Been doing it for about a month now and its getting real annoying. I could open any app and for no reason it'll just reboot.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
After the update my DX will randomly reboot after I plug it in to charge and then press the lock button the lock the phone. It's not consistent but it does happen quite frequently.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Also having the random reboot issue. Maybe 2x per day. Did a factory reset after the update and that seems to have improved the lag issue but the reboot issue remains.

NYRico#AC

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I am having a random reboot problem, which seems to get worse as time goes on and I had to install another gallery because the original crashes on opening it. The funny thing is that this phone was a brand new ( not refurb ) replacement for my original X that had the old blank screen issue. I got the update OTA the morning after I received the phone. I did a factory reset which worked for about a week , but, its back rebooting. The funny thing is that I called Verizon and they say that they have never heard about these issues after the update.

hezzdown

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
They aren't being truthful!!

I am having a random reboot problem, which seems to get worse as time goes on and I had to install another gallery because the original crashes on opening it. The funny thing is that this phone was a brand new ( not refurb ) replacement for my original X that had the old blank screen issue. I got the update OTA the morning after I received the phone. I did a factory reset which worked for about a week , but, its back rebooting. The funny thing is that I called Verizon and they say that they have never heard about these issues after the update.

I personally know several people that experienced the exact same problem. I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have any issue with the update. A friend of mine took his X to verizon because of the reboot issue and the guy at the counter told him "Oh yeah.. just find it on the internet and flash it to the phone".. "Just google it" he said. I about fell over when my friend told me this. Needless to say my buddy is running the Rubix ROM now without any issue.

chris861

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Chalk up another person with random reboot issues. Mine started about a week or two ago and has gotten a lot worse. I did notice that it did it once today as soon as I plugged it in my computer to charge, but it has done it twice more today without being plugged in. This is the fourth Droid X that I've had and the original issue of restarting when streaming bluetooth audio and getting stuck in landscape/media dock mode remains.

rvpals

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone try to see if they can turn off automatic screen lock?

Ever since the update, I set the screen lock to none, every time I turn off the dispaly, and turn it on again, it's locked. I have to slide to unlock the phone.

Just seem that it's a bug. My friend got a new Droid X with the latest update, it's the same problem.

Mbaverizon#IM

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone try to see if they can turn off automatic screen lock?

Ever since the update, I set the screen lock to none, every time I turn off the dispaly, and turn it on again, it's locked. I have to slide to unlock the phone.

Just seem that it's a bug. My friend got a new Droid X with the latest update, it's the same problem.

wheres that at i cant find it

cloud92

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
After the update my DX will randomly reboot after I plug it in to charge and then press the lock button the lock the phone. It's not consistent but it does happen quite frequently.

I have been having the following issues since the latest update, I just bought my DX on 12/21, and have noticied this:

1.Wi-fi stops working at random intervals, unable to figure out the cause, WEP or WPA causes disconnect the icon says its connected but its unable to connect to any data.
2. Random Reboots: this occurs with or without USB, I plug it in, and it resets to populate the emulated CD drive, which when installed only goes to a lousy VZ music manager download site. BLOATWARE! It also resets at random times throughout the day, today it reset 3x without the computer.
3. Music player freezing but timer still continuing.
4. Duplication of contact information, not contacts, but fields such as birthday and anniversary
5. Loss of ringtone settings and being reverted to default "droid" ringtone. Very cool ringtone, but gets old 300x a day.
6. Unable to set picture id from the files option, I have to go to gallery then find it, I also cannot do it from the contact entry itself, it only applies the picture from gallery.
7. Audio quality: not sure if this is an issue but the music player is very low/not clear sound quality, I am wondering if this is a s/w issue or the h/w is just not a high quality speaker.

I came from a BB storm 2 and I love my droid, but there are a few basic user interface issues, I have considered rooting it, but dont know too much. Sorry for the long post, but this is a detailed list including everything I have been keeping track of. I am most annoyed about the wi-fi issue and the ringtone issue. No, I have not yet tried resetting to default. I would hate to have to do this, and figured it may not be essential since the update was applied when the device was brand new. Any thoughts? PM me or let me know.

cloud92

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
same problem

ok something new and bad happening , after awhile my phone dont work, i hit the top button and nothing, i hold it in and nothing, do a battery pull and it works fine. but if i leave it alone for awhile it wont come on till i do a battery pull and turn it on . anybody else having this problem

same problem here. just started a few days ago and has been happening almost every day several times a day.

cloud92

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
wi-fi issue

Anyone still having that unstabel Wifi issue? Mine still wont stay connected, even after a factory reset.

I am most definitely having that issue still, someone supposedly said they changed their router from b/g to only g but before I try that I wanted to confirm. There is NO point in having wi-fi if a lousy "update" cripples it.

Anyone else have any experience with this?

QuaffAPint

Jan 9, 2011
android.clippersoft.net
Reboots

After this latest update, now everytime I plug my DX into my computer's USB the DX reboots.

It's not a show stopper, but kinda annoying. This rarely happened before this latest update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173