Issues AFTER 2.3.340 Update!!!

tomgillotti

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I am most definitely having that issue still, someone supposedly said they changed their router from b/g to only g but before I try that I wanted to confirm. There is NO point in having wi-fi if a lousy "update" cripples it.

Anyone else have any experience with this?

Yup! Only with secure networks do I have this problem...

@ QuanttAPint - I have had the same problem every once in a while where it will reboot. Does it when I plug it into my laptop, but it happens randomly as well. This update sucks.. I am aggravated with Motorola products, but as we can see from CES it's Motorola out in front again. I would love to switch to HTC, but they don't seem to be keeping up with Motorola..

busafied

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
After thinking I must have woken to the days of my BB Storm the past wk.. I had to come and check in here.
Every time I connected to USB tethering the phone would drop back to the red eye or completely reboot.
Random locking ups, having to power down and then beginning the pulling battery scenario, reminding me of the Last BB I WILL EVER OWN, my Storm I.

Thank God for the Android Forums..

Today I downloaded "My Backup Pro" as mentioned earlier in the pages, and did the factory reset here :

http://forum.androidcentral.com/mot...et-things-straight-my-droid-x-2-2-update.html

THANKS FOR EVERYONE WHO Contributed.
I am again Extremely happy I went with my Droid X after being a BB user for too many years..
I can run everything in my house with this Phone.
I am truly happy with a smart phone for once, even with this bit of a hiccup & with Verizon's habitual shove it in your phone when you least expect it sort-o-tactics.

I love this phone did I mention that already?
I use it to run my Desktop, Laptop and Netflix and everything else.

THANKS again for this community and the app creators.

gkl

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I had a Dx a few months back prior to the 2.2 update and returned it. I've been reading some pages and I don't see any complaining about Exchange issues and notifications. Have they all been sorted out? I'm really considering coming back but not if email is not rock solid without Touchdown. My S2 is just not keeping me interested anymore.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Issues for me include occasional unresponsive screen, a random reboot or two a week, and sometimes my phone dialer icon will not work when pressed

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
My buddy has a stock rooted X that has been updated to 2.2.1 Now his Wireless Tether will not work, he is getting the error when starting the application "enable access-control will not work with this kernal version" I'm still on 2.2, I have a different kernal version and I have no problem with my wireless tether app. I searched the thread but could not find any solution. Has anyone else ran into this problem or can someone help me get his wireless tether working again?

Thanks,
Tim

tkm1115

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Reboot screen freeze

I am seeing both of these issues also. Where can I get the latest upgrade? This is my first smart phone I like the apps and all but the reboot is killing me. If I have someone on the phone and it decides to reboot it is a big deal. Brand new phone also have had it only 1 month.

Last edited:

NYRico#AC

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I've posted the two issues that I have been having since update, random reboot and gallery force close, but, I have found another. I am wondering if anyone else is seeing the same issue, I cannot synch my google contacts. My calendar, gmail and even picasa will synch, but , not contacts. I have 101 contacts in gmail and only 57 on my phone. Is it me or is it this damn update? Does anyone if the Verizon Backup assistant conflicts with google contact synch?