Shortcomings of Droid X I would like fixed

Scanyou

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
1. Inability to send group e-mails using Gmail.
2. Searching business contacts will only search first name listed. i.e. if you list American Airline, the search will not find "airline". It will search for both first and last names of people.

Skatedawg

ROM Abuser
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
1. You can see an email to mutiple contacts. Do you mean where you can select a group like "co-workers" and it emails it to all of the people in the list?

2. Im able to search for by last name. Am I missing something your saying?

Scanyou

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
1. I do mean emailing to a previously set up group, rather than having to add each name each time you want to email the group.
2. If it's a company name and you place it under organization, search will only look for the first name listed. Search does work for first name and last name of people. Why shouldn't it allow you to search for any word of the title?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
1. Inability to send group e-mails using Gmail.
2. Searching business contacts will only search first name listed. i.e. if you list American Airline, the search will not find "airline". It will search for both first and last names of people.

1. There is so many apps to add this feature I never thought about this.
2. You must be doing something diffrent because when I search it finds the text I search for in any area of contacts including notes fields. Try going into Google Search app and click left menu and Searchable Items and make sure have Contacts checked as searchable info.

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I wish that google, the company that excelled at searching, would put a decent search engine in the non-gmail email account. Its virtually impossible to do a search on my emails on my droidx.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I wish that google, the company that excelled at searching, would put a decent search engine in the non-gmail email account. Its virtually impossible to do a search on my emails on my droidx.

1. /\ ruined the trend

2. i would fix the laggy UI. i dont want to jump on the band wagon and say i hate philblur,but there is so much lag even from the lock screen.

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
1. Ability to sort contacts by last name, first name. My old Droid 1 gained this ability with Froyo. It sucks not having it due to Blur.

2. I wish hitting the voicemail icon in the lower left corner of the dialer would dial my VM + automatically input the password. Instead, I have to push and hold "1" on the dialer or select it from the alert screen. Not a biggie but yet another shortcoming of the Blur "tweaks".

3. Improve the non-Gmail email app. It's a bit better than the stock Android email client but only barely.

4. Fullscreen mode in the stock browser (like Dolphin HD has).

5. More reliable camera operation. I still occasionally get black screens when launching the camera app, when taking a picture, or when switching between still & video modes.

6. As stated above, work on the horrible lag. After this week's update, the lock screen lag is mostly gone but I still get lots of lag after performing various tweaks and cache clearings. Another biggie is the "black screen lag" when powering the screen on and waiting for the unlock swipe screen to appear. That's a huge annoyance.

7. Wi-fi, 3G reception, and battery life improvements are always welcome (and needed).

8. I'd like to see Moto release a lower-priced desk dock that omits the HDMI-out feature and just charges it (like the Droid 1/2 dock). It also needs to be redesigned so the DX can be docked and removed more "loosely" & easily with one hand.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance