Help- will pay - Sync Outlook with Droid X Expert

I need someone that knows what they're doing to help me step by step to set up Sync between Outlook and my Droid X - contacts and calendar - don't tell me to chuck Outlook and speak English. Help me through Outlook and Droid settings.... I don't need anyone to help me figure it out - I need someone that says do this .... now do that ... now do this .... etc ....
    RicF rf@yesaz.net
    12-10-2010 03:21 PM
    are you stuck on using outlook? the reason i ask, and probably the easiest solution you will find, is to download the google sync plugin that will sync your outlook and google contacts accts. this way all your phone needs to connect to is your google acct and all your information is already there. lol, now i say this having not tried it exactly. i do this with my outlook calendar and my gmail calendar and it works perfectly. what i put on my gmail calendar shows up in outlook and vice versa. you can also import your contacts from outlook into a csv file and upload them to your gmail acct as well. hope this didnt make it more confusing.
    12-10-2010 04:16 PM
    Help- will pay - Sync Outlook with Droid X Expert

I need someone that knows what they're doing to help me step by step to set up Sync between Outlook and my Droid X - contacts and calendar - don't tell me to chuck Outlook and speak English. Help me through Outlook and Droid settings.... I don't need anyone to help me figure it out - I need someone that says do this .... now do that ... now do this .... etc ....
    RicF rf@yesaz.net
    Is the email in Outlook coming from a POP/IMAP account (Hotmail/Live, Yahoo, etc) or is it your corporate Exchange account at work?
    12-10-2010 04:30 PM
    my personal outlook account on my persoanl laptop - I have no ida what exchange server is
    and my typing sucks I know
    12-10-2010 04:47 PM
    The only way your going to come close to making that happen is synching your outlook to gmail and then your phone should take care of the rest. Also for your contacts you will need to send a csv file with all that info.
    12-10-2010 05:35 PM
    Well then, i you are not going to be able to "sync" your local Outlook with your Droid X as Outlook is simply an email client that is pulling your email down from another email web site such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL, Comcast, etc.

Do you know what email provider you get your emails from? What is the domain name address of your email, (i.e. "ricf@XYZ.com) what does the XYZ.com in your Outlook email say?
    12-10-2010 05:36 PM
    The only way your going to come close to making that happen is synching your outlook to gmail and then your phone should take care of the rest. Also for your contacts you will need to send a csv file with all that info.
    That would be the one way. Or you can set up an email account via Androids "My Accounts" app and have the email filter in via POP/IMAP (which is probably how your Outlook is currently configured now anyway.)
    12-10-2010 05:38 PM
    That would be the one way. Or you can set up an email account via Androids "My Accounts" app and have the email filter in via POP/IMAP (which is probably how your Outlook is currently configured now anyway.)
    That's what I had to do.
    12-10-2010 05:44 PM
    naaa the easy way is with the sync tool from google...its soo easy. really,
    12-10-2010 08:54 PM
    Even easier is to skip Outlook and work directly with your Gmail account, which will handle your contacts, calendar and email ... all synced instantly from either your X or your computer. Gmail will also "fetch" your pop3 email accounts and send them to your X. You don't have to use the Gmail account for your email. You can have Gmail send your emails under any of your addresses, including the Pop3 accounts.

I worked with Outlook at first, then discovered it was just one more step. Dropped Outlook and haven't been sorry. BTW, Gmail also backs up all your contacts and calendar. Very slick.
    12-11-2010 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD