Hello all! New coming from a Blackberry 9650. I've got a few questions off the bat that I've searched for answers to but as to yet haven't been able to fine answers to.
    First up does anyone know or of a way to display people by the last names first as I am a military service member and know last names and not first names that well. I know I can't be the only one who has ever had that issue. The thing I don't get is that they are even presented that way in my gmail online so I don't get it. Also is there anyway of moving my contacts that are located in my google account roster to that the actuals phones roster.

Glad to be on team adroid otherwise and looking forward to learning some good stuff in the future.
    12-10-2010 04:31 PM
    So im guessing that there is no good answer to this question.
    12-10-2010 10:20 PM
    welcome to the forums

as long as google sync is on, any contacts in your gmail account should sync to your X automatically. one of the best features of android IMO. as far as your other question though, i dont think there is a way to sort contacts by last name. however, if you hold down the menu key while in your contact list, the keyboard will pop up and you can start typing to find a specific contact, so at least you can search by last name
    12-10-2010 11:51 PM
    You can also use Gesture Search to search by last name.
    12-10-2010 11:58 PM
    +1 for Gesture Search. Works very well, fascinating to use and you can search just by drawing the letters (preferably lower case letters, btw) one at a time. The sort is instantaneous for the letters you have written. Winnows out as you add letters. Often, you can find the contact in the list brought up by one or two letters. This is one of the best benefits of a touch screen like the X has.
    12-11-2010 12:21 AM
    Wow,never even hears of gesture search until just now.
    12-11-2010 10:15 AM
    I've always just typed the last name first, ie. Smith, Joe. First I'm hearing of gesture search also.
    12-11-2010 10:25 AM
    Well thats just a feature im going to end up missing about my Blackberry I guess.
    12-11-2010 10:38 AM
    Also I notice im not getting any face book update notifications . Anyone got any ideas?
    12-11-2010 06:25 PM
    Also I notice im not getting any face book update notifications . Anyone got any ideas?
    I'm former BB too.

It's crazy but the Facebook app for Android sucks and it doesn't handle notifications yet anywhere close to as good as Blackberry did

you get used to it...but it sucks initially.

I'm sure they'll all push notifications in an upcoming version.
    12-11-2010 06:37 PM
    I'm former BB too.

It's crazy but the Facebook app for Android sucks and it doesn't handle notifications yet anywhere close to as good as Blackberry did

you get used to it...but it sucks initially.

I'm sure they'll all push notifications in an upcoming version.
    Coming from the 9650 bold it has definetly has ups and downs. But the pros defintely outweigh the cons. And the web surfing is damn insane in comparison.
    12-11-2010 09:08 PM
    Coming from the 9650 bold it has definetly has ups and downs. But the pros defintely outweigh the cons. And the web surfing is damn insane in comparison.
    Oh God...web browsing on pre-webkit BlackBerry was like jabbing fishhooks into my eyes. Even with the webkit browser, I'm not that impressed.
    12-11-2010 09:19 PM
    Oh God...web browsing on pre-webkit BlackBerry was like jabbing fishhooks into my eyes. Even with the webkit browser, I'm not that impressed.
    Its gotten to the point that in the last week since I got my droid x that I never touch my laptopanymore because my phone is so quick on the wifi in my house.
    12-11-2010 09:27 PM
    I use gesture search too and would recommend it
    12-11-2010 10:33 PM
    Tweetdeck will give you the notifications...
    12-12-2010 04:31 PM
    Hopefully you quit trying to jab fishhooks in your eyes too

Sent using TaPaTaLk
    12-12-2010 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD