Tried flashing back to 2.2 but am stuck in Bootloader, any ideas?

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
So like the title says i was trying to flash back to stock 2.2 from 2.2.1 using file VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf but now i am forever in the bootloader screen and the phone will not respond to the home+power recovery attempts. i do get some errors in the bootloader so i have to assume it didn't work right but RSD lite says everything was successful. any ideas??

*sigh....blackberries are soooo much easier to recover! lol

cheers!

Bob

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
You can't go back to 2.2 after you update!!! Ok its a brick now. Google search sbf system 2.3.340. Dl that and run that on rsd 4.8. That should restore the system. Then delete all old recoveries and sbf as they are no longer good.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
ok ill try that. i have a new phone on the way but im still determined to figure this out lol. for now ill just use my blackberry. thanks for the help!

Cheers!
Bob

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
You can't go back to 2.2 after you update!!! Ok its a brick now. Google search sbf system 2.3.340. Dl that and run that on rsd 4.8. That should restore the system. Then delete all old recoveries and sbf as they are no longer good.

well i couldn't find RSD 4.8 so i used 4.7 but alas this did not help. it says "passed" but the phone doesn't reboot and i can't get out of bootloader. ill keep searching for 4.8 and try again.

if it matters i get the following errors:

Err: A5, 70, 70, 00, 1F

and it says "service reqd"

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
ok well i found 4.8 and tried that with the specified sbf but no dice the system just will not reboot out of bootloader, it also says "MEM_MAP blank" so i'm assuming that the memory is blank despite RSD4.8 telling me it flashed successfully.

oh well, i guess it's toast.

racinwarrior

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
yeah you definetly bricked it. the general rule of thumb is that when an update is released the last sbf file is usually useless. they usually change the bootloader version and then you cant go back.

google RSD lite 4.9. its out in beta. give that newest sbf file a try with rsd lite 4.9.

you may be making a trip to verizon to ask for a reflash

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
well i did ask verizon to reflash it last night and they said they don't have the capability to do so in stores, which is odd. so they are sending me a new one which i should have today or tomorrow but i'm just bent on fixing this lol.

may i ask why 4.9 would work over 4.8 when nothing else has worked? i'm not sure how the software is constructed so i'm just trying to learn.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
well i did ask verizon to reflash it last night and they said they don't have the capability to do so in stores, which is odd. so they are sending me a new one which i should have today or tomorrow but i'm just bent on fixing this lol.

may i ask why 4.9 would work over 4.8 when nothing else has worked? i'm not sure how the software is constructed so i'm just trying to learn.

Rsd and sbf is what Verizon will use at a store to recover your phone. Each update brings new rsd and sbf. The stores don't get them right away for some crazy reason. When they do they leak out and we get full sbf's :)

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
You have a broken brick that no cement can fix. We lost another one. Hope Verizon is good to you.

yeah i went in there last night and told them it all began after 2.2.1 rolled out (a little white lie lol) and the guy said "you're not the first person with this problem". so they sent me a new phone for free, should have it today or tomorrow. oh well, even if i had to pay the $50 insurance fee i wouldn't have cared, i just need a phone. but i've been a vzw customer since 2000 when i came over from cellular one so they're usually pretty good to me when i need something given that they know they're getting alot of my money ;)

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
if you guys go to the last page of the thread i was just referring too (bricked, help??!!??) you will see that i was able to resolve it with some help from the other members here. thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty