Magnet effects from case

draftpeppin

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if some people got a different batch of cases than others since some of the tricks work for some people and not for others (like me). Oh, and I downloaded a couple of the apps that are supposed to block the dock. It did not work for me. Sometimes it would re-ask what to use as the default, and I'd pick the app each time instead of the Car Dock. Other times, I'd still see the dock launch and my phone would get hot. Not sure what I could be doing wrong.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Ya. Magnets and the X are totally incompatible, unless in an X-specific dock. If magnets get close to the screen, the X will totally weird out, maybe even need battery pull to fix. Not like BlackBerries that need a magnet to go to sleep.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if some people got a different batch of cases than others since some of the tricks work for some people and not for others (like me). Oh, and I downloaded a couple of the apps that are supposed to block the dock. It did not work for me. Sometimes it would re-ask what to use as the default, and I'd pick the app each time instead of the Car Dock. Other times, I'd still see the dock launch and my phone would get hot. Not sure what I could be doing wrong.

Are you checking off the Always option before selecting the blocking app? If you don't, of course it will keep asking which app to launch.

draftpeppin

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I tried making it the default. I tried all kinds of things. I might try it again sometime, but probably not.

And to the people who keep saying that magnetic cases are not compatible with the X.....Indeed. But the issue to me is more why would Verizon be selling a magnetic case for these phones with their logo on it? Shouldn't they know what they're selling? I researched the phone pretty well, but apparently never saw anything about magnets being a problem. The seller shouldn't be selling accessories that are bad for the phone though!

n0ppw

May 18, 2010
Visit site
xliderider (or anyone else),

You say to manually launch the dock modes. Cool--there is a icon for CarDock in the applications, but how do you manually launch the MediaDock? Apparently I'm missing something. Please be gentle--I've only had my Droid X for 4 days now. :)

BTW--I'm using "Dock No-Op" and so far it has worked like a charm.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Not earth-shaking information, but I eventually bought the Verizon horizontal leather case, which has magnetic closure on it and NO PROBLEMS!! Go figure.

BTW, it's a VERY nice case - good workmanship, nice looks, a little bulky, but very quality. Even a nice, soft leather lining! Snug fit on a naked X, tho, but probably would expand over a light-weight case. There is some elastic in the case sides.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci